Beautician's ??

Beautician's ??

Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road
Default Beautician's ??

Hi there,

Can anyone help?

I'm an accountant though my qualification isn't recognised in Canada. I've been thinking about re-training seeing as i'll have to start again anyway. Are there any beauticians who have emigrated or planning to? if so, have you managed to find work ok?

Does anyone know if there is a real call for beauticians / hairdressers? It is listed but i'd really appreciate a bit of feedback please.

Thanks
Loraine
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Beautician's ??

Originally Posted by loza789
Hi there,

Can anyone help?

I'm an accountant though my qualification isn't recognised in Canada. I've been thinking about re-training seeing as i'll have to start again anyway. Are there any beauticians who have emigrated or planning to? if so, have you managed to find work ok?

Does anyone know if there is a real call for beauticians / hairdressers? It is listed but i'd really appreciate a bit of feedback please.

Thanks
Loraine

Where are you heading, you may get more replies then!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pammy
Where are you heading, you may get more replies then!
Oops sorry. We are heading for either Toronto or Ottawa.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loza789
Hi there,

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Loraine
Why is your qualification ot recognised? are you eligible to convert to Canadian designation ?

If you are going into a "trade" such as hairdressing you will have to prove number of hours worked in that profession - getting the Qualification isnt enough. Check out Red Seal as that is similar to City & Guilds.

Some Provinces have their beauticians licenced so you need to check out each province for the details - I know that Alberta doesnt licence their beauticians
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

I am an aat which is an nvq 4 / diploma which isn't convertible. To be recognised anywhere in canada I'd have to do 2/3 years more 'expensive' study to become a higher level.

It's really frustratin, so I thought I might try a different angle.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:57 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

beuty in ontario isnt licenesed ... it comes under hairstylist !! , so if you are doing nails or beauty you are ok ... its hairdressing thats a pain in the ass to get sorted out !!!
ya can do private courses for beauty / nails etc here but a lot of em are utter crap ... but if you have passion for the job then you will search out good places etc...
let me know if i can help ya with owt else ..... am a fellow bfd peep , lol x
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:33 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

You don't have to be qualified to work as an accountant.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still looking at doing beauty nut it's difficult when you work full time, and expensive! We're planning a trip to Ottawa early next year so hopefully we'll be able to get some more info whilst I'm there. I'll be sure to look you up Dee
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:03 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
You don't have to be qualified to work as an accountant.
If you have no accounting qualifications then, IMO, you are a bookkeeper, who for the sake of bragging elevates his/her importance. The same way as a Sanitary Engineer can be a qualified professional or a bin man.