Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

On the BBC North west news tonight...

On the BBC North west news tonight...

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the BBC North west news tonight...

Originally Posted by ann m
I thought on a previous thread that he'd had an accident which resulted in his disability. And then he has the severe misfortune to be struck by another vehicle while he was already in a wheelchair. Not sure on which case the insurance debate hangs.
The second one

And I also thought that he had already filed for PR whilst on his TWP, but that the paperwork was wrong or incomplete or similar, and was therefore rejected.

Regardless, we can't really comment without a decent chunk of the facts.
Sure we can Its never stopped us in the past anyway

Last edited by iaink; Jan 21st 2009 at 8:45 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the BBC North west news tonight...

Originally Posted by livermanl
"in 1998 my son, aged 25 moved to Vancouver and was working as a truck driver, loving his life in Canada, until he had an accident, which has left him pin a wheelchair. Obviously, he could not carry on driving! He returned to England on 2000, but there was nothing here for him. He could not even get accomodation near to family and friends
I guess even his own mum wasn't there for him then. What friends would he have had having not lived in the UK for 21 years.

Originally Posted by livermanl
early in 2002, he went back to Canada, settling eventually in Winnipeg. He unfortunately, had a collision with a taxi (yes, whilst in his wheelchair). which left his shoulder damaged, meaning that he is not as mobile as he once was. He has been trying to claim from Manitoba Public Insurance since 2002. They seem to deny every claim."
I guess Winnipeg was close enough to his Canadian friends in Vancouver.

If, in the now-unlikely event that the MPI pay out, the UK government will stop whatever benefits he could get.