Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Barrie to Kitchener/Waterloo

Barrie to Kitchener/Waterloo

Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future
Default Barrie to Kitchener/Waterloo

Hi

We live in Barrie but are seriously thinking about moving to Kitchener/Waterloo next spring or summer.

Just wondering if anybody has any personal views on this area....we are going to drive down and do a reccie visit in a couple of weeks.

A lot of people have said that this area doesn't get as much snow as Barrie - which for us would be a good thing!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of
Default Re: Barrie to Kitchener/Waterloo

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

We live in Barrie but are seriously thinking about moving to Kitchener/Waterloo next spring or summer.

Just wondering if anybody has any personal views on this area....we are going to drive down and do a reccie visit in a couple of weeks.

A lot of people have said that this area doesn't get as much snow as Barrie - which for us would be a good thing!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete
hi, i spent two weeks in waterloo this summer and loved it. Its got the city one side then goes out into more countryside on the other. Near lots of lakes with nice beaches etc.
As for snow, i don't live there yet?!!! But i had heard that it was in the snow belt? I know my sister in law who lives there had a fair amount, but i can't compare, as i don't know how much barrie gets! I felt waterloo had a really nice feel to it. Lots of stuff for children and the city parks were beautiful!
Hope some of this helps!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes we've heard it is a good area for famillies etc.

As for the snow......am getting conflicting views....some say it is in the snow belt (like Barrie) others say it gets nowhere near the snow that barrie gets. We are thinking more of Kitchener rather than Waterloo......

Hopefully somebody on here will know

Thanks

Pete
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I live halfway between Barrie and K-W and work with people who live in both. The K-W people are jealous of the Barrie people for their lack of snow. If you want to avoid the snow Hamilton or Niagara would work though Oklahoma would be better.