Reload this Page >

Banking Help - After HSBC Mess Up

Banking Help - After HSBC Mess Up

Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Banking Help - After HSBC Mess Up

No real help I know, but...

We opened a HSBC account here in Calgary prior to arrival. I chose the down town bracnh as it was the only one open on Saturdays. It happens to be in the middle of china town. English is not the first language spoken but then the chinese are very good with money. I am on first name terms with the manager. Being one of the few white faces to ever go in to the branch I am often greted by name on entering. The service is very good provided you are patient with the language barrier.

That said we have now gone over to PC financial as we did not like the high account charges. (apparently the fee structure is changing - but not by much!). Once you have one account it is relatively easy to get another, and another etc. Same goes with credit cards!

Like I said at the start of no real help but I can get you the branch number if you can speak Mandrin.

Phil