Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Back to blighty and happy...

Back to blighty and happy...

Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back to blighty and happy...

...That we're going back to Ottawa with a house and job in September. Unbelievable 8 days, exhausted (knackered) or what!!

We've put a deposit and had an inspection on the house, (5 beds on top floor, 2 en-suites and quarter of an acre, see pics) closure at end of September but sellers say it could be August if we want as they're moving with their jobs. It was finalised 2 hours before our plane was due to go, so signed documents at a restaraunt with the realtor near the airport. The seller was haggling over a roof problem so our realtor told their realtor that we were leaving on the plane in two hours and unless they agreed on the price we would be gone and the deal would be off. So they relented.

AND

Mrs Steve666 was offered a job in downtown Ottawa which she's accepted and she starts September.

AND

After 5 months on the market we've sold our house to a private buyer while we were over there and he hasn't got another property to sell, not at the price we wanted but it's enough.

So bugger me (don't) after 5 months of nothing happening we spend 8 days in Canada and everything falls into place! Worth going for recces people.

The house - You people here in the UK salivate till you have no saliva to salivate with. This house can be bought by selling your crappy 3 bed mid terraced pile in Junkyard street Scunthorpe, pay off the mortgage and still have enough change to buy the fluids to clean the 5 bathrooms

I won't show you the inside because you'd split your spleens crying...
Attached Thumbnails Back to blighty and happy...-house1.jpg   Back to blighty and happy...-back_garden.jpg   Back to blighty and happy...-driveway1.jpg  

Last edited by steve666; Jul 20th 2007 at 2:03 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:03 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to blighty and happy...

So will you be the char in that lovely house while the missus goes to work and keeps you in the manner to which you are accustomed?

Last edited by Flossie and Jim; Jul 20th 2007 at 2:08 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tisme will become famous soon enough

Very, very, very nice!
Wait till I show OH, he'll be spitting - quite common here in Hull.
Go on, I'm holding on to my spleen quite nicely, thank you. I'm a strong woman, I can take it.
Let's see all of the house and stop teasing
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:08 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congrats Steve.

I am really happy that it is all come together for you especially after the disappointment of the first place.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
So will you be the char in that lovely house while the missus goes to work and keeps you in the manner to which you are accustomed?
I don't work
She does that, I'm after the open top yellow Mustang that'll fit in a corner of the garage, do it up ready for next summer and pull in the birds.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tisme
Very, very, very nice!
Wait till I show OH, he'll be spitting - quite common here in Hull.
Go on, I'm holding on to my spleen quite nicely, thank you. I'm a strong woman, I can take it.
Let's see all of the house and stop teasing
I'll do one room at a time, one each day.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:13 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't like the colour of the house much.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice house, much nicer than the ravine house. Go on stop being anal and show us the inside

Sharon
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Many congrats Steve.

I am really happy that it is all come together for you especially after the disappointment of the first place.
Thanks Steve, I'll be one step nearer yourself. It's not over yet though, not till we sign contracts for the sale this end. It can still go belly up...
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Twinblade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by steve666
...That we're going back to Ottawa with a house and job in September. Unbelievable 8 days, exhausted (knackered) or what!!

We've put a deposit and had an inspection on the house, (5 beds on top floor, 2 en-suites and quarter of an acre, see pics) closure at end of September but sellers say it could be August if we want as they're moving with their jobs. It was finalised 2 hours before our plane was due to go, so signed documents at a restaraunt with the realtor near the airport. The seller was haggling over a roof problem so our realtor told their realtor that we were leaving on the plane in two hours and unless they agreed on the price we would be gone and the deal would be off. So they relented.

AND

Mrs Steve666 was offered a job in downtown Ottawa which she's accepted and she starts September.

AND

After 5 months on the market we've sold our house to a private buyer while we were over there and he hasn't got another property to sell, not at the price we wanted but it's enough.

So bugger me (don't) after 5 months of nothing happening we spend 8 days in Canada and everything falls into place! Worth going for recces people.

The house - You people here in the UK salivate till you have no saliva to salivate with. This house can be bought by selling your crappy 3 bed mid terraced pile in Junkyard street Scunthorpe, pay off the mortgage and still have enough change to buy the fluids to clean the 5 bathrooms

I won't show you the inside because you'd split your spleens crying...
...and how much does a crappy 3 bedroomed junkyard in Scunthorpe go for exactly!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Really nice house, much nicer than the ravine house. Go on stop being anal and show us the inside

Sharon
Be patient.
It does have a jacuzzi in the main bedroom's en-suite though, and a 6 hob cooker in the kitchen where you press a button and a flat thing slides up at the back and sucks all the air over the hobs out to the outside. Not like those stupid huge things you get over your old fashioned cookers.
And an intercomm system... And as for the finished basement rooms

Like I said, one pic a day.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Don't like the colour of the house much.
Jealous Ba$tard

Where were you when I was over? Called at you place 3 times. You're right by the way, your side of the river isn't very nice is it.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:23 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at those pics again, I realise that I've been to that house.

Did they fix the crack in the basement?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:23 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

are there good jobs there? how much do midwives get?
Old Jul 20th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

wow

awesome garden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.