Babys citizenship

Wikiposts

Babys citizenship

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Babys citizenship

so i got given this link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

as the baby will be born in the uk in september but we will be hopefully going to canada in feb. but as this takes 12-15 months what are our options.

my canadian husbands visa for the uk runs out in feb.
we feel like we are hitting a brick wall and that he is going to miss out on his child.

has anyone had any experiences in this
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Babys citizenship

You would make the application for your child's Citizenship certificate as soon as s/he is born (presuming that your husband was born in Canada?).

You don't need to wait for that to come through provided you have a copy of your husband's Canadian Birth certificate or passport, just get your child a UK passport (s/he will have dual nationality) and travel on that; you show proof that you have applied for the Citizenship certificate and your husbands ID and the baby's birth certificate naming him as the father.

Don't stress, it's not good for you -- or the baby!

Congrats, by the way.

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
You would make the application for your child's Citizenship certificate as soon as s/he is born (presuming that your husband was born in Canada?).

You don't need to wait for that to come through provided you have a copy of your husband's Canadian Birth certificate or passport, just get your child a UK passport (s/he will have dual nationality) and travel on that; you show proof that you have applied for the Citizenship certificate and your husbands ID and the baby's birth certificate naming him as the father.

Don't stress, it's not good for you -- or the baby!

Congrats, by the way.

Thanks. my worry is that the baby wouldn't be able to have any medical treatment/vaccinations without it costing us alot.

So if i do it that way they shouldn't have any issue with the baby coming over for longer then the uk visitor visa?

The baby brain and all this is just driving me insane atm. As well as applying for my spousal PR.

And yes my husband was born in ontario
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimmiebow
Thanks. my worry is that the baby wouldn't be able to have any medical treatment/vaccinations without it costing us alot.

So if i do it that way they shouldn't have any issue with the baby coming over for longer then the uk visitor visa?

The baby brain and all this is just driving me insane atm. As well as applying for my spousal PR.

And yes my husband was born in ontario
Well neither the baby or you would be entitled to OHIP healthcare for the 1st 3 months, but there are other places that you can go for your child.

Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) program has services for babies from before birth up to 6 years old and is free. http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs...lth/index.aspx

There are also community health centres - http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_d...faq_id=4001229

You could get a general health insurance policy for you and the child too, if you are concerned. Your husband may not be entitled to OHIP for 3 months either if he has been out of Canada for a long time.

The baby will be a Citizen as soon as it is born and as such has a right to live in Canada. You just need to show the application for it's Citizenship Certificate has been made, a full birth certificate naming the father - and the fathers' birth certificate or passport - and there will be no need for 'visitor status' for the baby.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 22nd 2013 at 11:10 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
Well neither the baby or you would be entitled to OHIP healthcare for the 1st 3 months, but there are other places that you can go for your child.

Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) program has services for babies from before birth up to 6 years old and is free. http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs...lth/index.aspx

There are also community health centres - http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_d...faq_id=4001229

You could get a general health insurance policy for you and the child too, if you are concerned. Your husband may not be entitled to OHIP for 3 months either if he has been out of Canada for a long time.

The baby will be a Citizen as soon as it is born and as such has a right to live in Canada. You just need to show the application for it's Citizenship Certificate has been made, a full birth certificate naming the father - and the fathers' birth certificate or passport - and there will be no need for 'visitor status' for the baby.

Do you know if there is anything similar to those places in Vancouver (he is from Ontario but moved to BC when he was 5.

You have taken alot of stress away from us thank you so much
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

also does it need to me my husbands original birth certificate or can it be a official copy as he thinks it might have been lost.