Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of
Default Avatars and star system?

I am curious, on reading other threads i have noticed that some of you have several gold stars and senior members on your avatars.

Do you have to join a special club to get these or do you just have to be on expats a long time. I only have three stars after my name? and i want more please......

Emmjay
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avatars and star system?

Stars is related to number of posts, more posts= more stars. Keep posting and your wish will come true.

The "senior member" pops up automatically after 100 (?) posts unless you have already put a custom line in there using the edit profile part of your user control panel

You can also add an avatar picture the same place, but there are maximum size restrictions

The blue boxes are "karma"...awarded by others who enjoyed or appreciated your post. There are silly descriptions that go with that if you hover your mouse over the boxes.

HTH

Last edited by iaink; Dec 3rd 2008 at 1:07 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:51 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Thanks Iaink

I got a sensible answer yeh, i thought i might get some silly people...

Emmjay
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

cactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nicecactusfat is just really nice

You've got to be happy as 'a glorious beacon of light' !!!! lol
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 2:19 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cactusfat
You've got to be happy as 'a glorious beacon of light' !!!! lol
me too....i just wonder where it shines from though...... oh! and i think this is now my 400 post, so should be getting another star......yipeee.....
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:13 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to add, I don't think new people can give Karma as they fire blanks and you can only give five people Karma a day.

This member did this guide on Karma so have a read through it took ages for me to find http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315645 There is another guide about stars etc etc but that is straight forward. I know there is a guide for how many stars you get after certain posts.

Last edited by Cassie 10000; Dec 3rd 2008 at 7:15 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Another thing to add, I don't think new people can give Karma as they fire blanks and you can only give five people Karma a day.
They can give it, its just not worth any points, which doesn't bother me. Its just nice to know a post was appreciated...I could(n't) care less about how many points I amass.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:59 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

And while we're on the subject of Karma I can reveal that my own experience is that if you post something highly controversial you will usually get loads of Karma. Half of the BE members will disagree with you and hate you passionatley for saying it but the other half will be so emotionally moved by their agreement for what you wrote they will all give you Karma!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:09 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by NSpaul
And while we're on the subject of Karma I can reveal that my own experience is that if you post something highly controversial you will usually get loads of Karma. Half of the BE members will disagree with you and hate you passionatley for saying it but the other half will be so emotionally moved by their agreement for what you wrote they will all give you Karma!
14000 posts and I don't think I've ever managed anything remotely controversial. Kinda sad, that is....
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
14000 posts and I don't think I've ever managed anything remotely controversial. Kinda sad, that is....
Really?! I'm sure I could find something in one of your old posts - just give me a few months to sift through them.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:14 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

They can give it, its just not worth any points, which doesn't bother me. Its just nice to know a post was appreciated...I could(n't) care less about how many points I amass.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean for that to sound bad or anything.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you have!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:22 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Well, I realise that the idea that emigrating is more likely to add to your existing problems rather than making them go away might be viewed as controversial among those eager to get here, but I don't think that really counts
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:27 pm

Well, I realise that the idea that emigrating is more likely to add to your existing problems rather than making them go away might be viewed as controversial among those eager to get here, but I don't think that really counts
Your not speaking to me are you?

Sorry if your not but if so what problems? I don't have any.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 8:54 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Your not speaking to me are you?

Sorry if your not but if so what problems? I don't have any.
No, just a general observation that life after the initial excitement of emigrating has worn off is generally the "same shit in a different bucket". Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.