Autistic son

Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

MARK AND CATHY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Autistic son

Hi
i am wondering if anyone has any experience with emmigrating to Canada (Nova Scotia) with an autistic child?.My son is 13 and is diagnosed with aspergers syndrome,a form of autism.Will this affect any medicals we would have to undertake? or be considered a burden to the province.Also what provisions are in place regarding education and support.Sorry to ask alot of questions but it is a real concern.

Many thanks for reading this
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autistic son

Originally Posted by MARK AND CATHY
Hi
i am wondering if anyone has any experience with emmigrating to Canada (Nova Scotia) with an autistic child?.My son is 13 and is diagnosed with aspergers syndrome,a form of autism.Will this affect any medicals we would have to undertake? or be considered a burden to the province.Also what provisions are in place regarding education and support.Sorry to ask alot of questions but it is a real concern.

Many thanks for reading this
Hi Mark & Cathy,

Have a read of this thread...some relevance to your situation perhaps...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=asperger
Best wishes

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Also this one.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548174
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbd33

Noooo not that one
Old Jul 16th 2008, 2:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie_p
Noooo not that one
I think bex1 must be in about the same situation as MARK AND CATHY, perhaps there's something relevant there.