Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Australia or Canada

Australia or Canada

Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:18 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia or Canada

Australia:
Flies crawling all over your food and in your face all the time
Too hot to do anything in the summer you end up staying indoors
Poisenous snakes, poisenous spiders, poisenous jellyfish
Fairly warm all the time

Canada:
People are work obsessed and everyone gets up at 5am
Your kids have to do 20 million activities or people think they're wierd
In the winter when you go outside your snot freezes
High heating costs in the winter
Great skiing and snow sports
Summer temps are pleasant and comfortable

Both:
Very friendly and sociable people
Much more outdoor lifestyle and BBQ culture than UK
Space, more garden, bigger houses
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:24 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Australia or Canada

Originally Posted by NSpaul
Australia:
Flies crawling all over your food and in your face all the time
Too hot to do anything in the summer you end up staying indoors
Poisenous snakes, poisenous spiders, poisenous jellyfish
Fairly warm all the time

Canada:
People are work obsessed and everyone gets up at 5am
Your kids have to do 20 million activities or people think they're wierd
In the winter when you go outside your snot freezes
High heating costs in the winter
Great skiing and snow sports
Summer temps are pleasant and comfortable

Both:
Australia:
australia.com

Canada:
not canada dot com

http://www.pestcontrolcanada.com/Que...otos_301_t.htm

Both:

Last edited by smurtaza; Jun 18th 2008 at 3:30 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:24 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
The initial people in Australia are Aboriginals and they are not white or sent in by force.Both countries lack in history.
Note where it says "the first lot of australian IMMIGRANTS"

Im not an idiot, (contrary to rumour). Canada had people here too before the europeans arrived. History is a subjective thing. Canada might not have baroque cathedrals and 14c paintings, but it does have petroglyphs that are the equavalent or older than anything in the UK...

Im not saying that the people on "not canada..." have not been treated in a less than even handed manner (although if they had done 5 minutes research they would probably have seen the potential issues a mile off), Im saying that for an english speaking briton considering emigrating to canada, its just not at all relevent as a source of information.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 18th 2008 at 3:28 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

may be skill colour also matters at some ocassions.
Wot about literacy?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:37 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
Wot about literacy?
Everybody is well literate/qualified (masters or Phd) and he/she have passed points system.

Last edited by smurtaza; Jun 18th 2008 at 3:41 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody is well literate (masters or Phd) and he/she have passed points system.
Surely you're not claiming competence in English. Based on your postings here you're not qualified for a job involving basic written communication and so any application you may have made for such a job would be rejected without there being any need to consider skin colour.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:47 pm
Banned

Surely you're not claiming competence in English. Based on your postings here you're not qualified for a job involving basic written communication and so any application you may have made for such a job would be rejected without there being any need to consider skin colour.
I am not eligible because I dont have any Canadian job experience.I dont want to become a English teacher and technical job in my expertise (skilled workers) doesn't require English efficiency anywhere around the globe.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:50 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I am not eligible because I dont have any Canadian job experience.
Funny, every single other immigrant that came here and managed to made a success of their life here also lacked canadian experience.....

Its not eligability you are meaning I suspect.

Now, Im not defending the "canadian experience required" mindset that does exist with some employers here, but it certainly not insurmountable, and certainly its not universal, otherwise no one would make it here, so canadian work experience is not an eligabllity criterea.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 18th 2008 at 3:53 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I am not eligible because I dont have any Canadian job experience.I dont want to become a English teacher and technical job in my expertise (skilled workers) doesn't require English efficiency anywhere around the globe.
What sort of skilled work do you do?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iaink
Funny, every single other immigrant that came here and managed to made a success of their life here also lacked canadian experience.....

Its not eligability you are meaning I suspect.
The people who cannot manage to make a success of their life also lacks Canadian experience. I mean that I have been informed about this "eligible thing" during the interviews.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:57 pm
Banned

What sort of skilled work do you do?
I am a High Voltage Technician.

There are too many bears in Canada.

Last edited by smurtaza; Jun 18th 2008 at 4:26 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Hi there. I think it all depends on you and what you feel.

With small children, we looked at Oz but there are too many 'pests' that can be found in your home or the garden. We have not grown up amongst them like the locals and although there are a small number of fatalities every year, we didn't want to chance the fact that they exist there.

Also what you do for a living as a lot to bare in mind when choosing.

Best of luck and hope you make the right choice.

One observation I will say with regards to Bashing of the British - I have travelled around the world and Europe and have seen very little Pommy bashing. The usual look at some people draped in football shirts making a lot of noise with a few cans in hand the exception !! However, this may also be due to the fact that I am welsh, and I do see a big difference in attitude with the Celtic nations compared to the English. This is just an observation over many years and no offence or harm intended.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

vanman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i've been reading this post with interest as although i'm not at the immigration stage i'm taking a year out to go travelling. When it came to my choice of where to go most people in their twenties may have chosen Australia or NZ. I felt different and chose Canada this has been questioned by many of my friends "why Canada?", my answer to them is "why not?"

I've never visited Australia or NZ but a group of friends did a few years back and returned with mixed opinions. Yes they all agreed they are beautiful Countries with beautiful scenery. One friend loved Australia that much he's determined to move there as soon as he can, another says he wouldn't move to Australia as the constant pom bashing got a little boring. Another broke his neck and had the holiday from hell! So i right mixed bag of opinions

So who's opinion do i take? The mate who adores Australia and would move there tomorrow? The one didn't rate it due to the pom bashing and not overly friendly natives? The mate with the broken neck doesn't count! (that's not the country's fault!) My answer is to make you own mind up and check it out for yourself, no two peoples' experiences are the same and some are just damn bad luck

I could go to Canada in three weeks time and hate it, or i could go there and fall in love with the place. I've gone with my gut feeling and it's served me well in the past

Best of Luck
vanman
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:26 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

There are too many bears in Canada.
I've heard and seen some stupid comments regarding Canada but the above comes close to taking the cake.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:34 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P;
I've heard and seen some stupid comments regarding Canada but the above comes close to taking the cake.
Oh, I don't know. They're all over the place round here. And don't get me started about the bloody kangaroos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.