Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Attenborough on Beautiful BC

Attenborough on Beautiful BC

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:20 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attenborough on Beautiful BC

I hope the UK based people are watching BBC1 right now......awesome pictures of BC and the bears, bald eagles, whales etc converging on the salmon.

Wow!!!!

Can't wait to live there
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:29 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attenborough on Beautiful BC

Originally Posted by el_richo
I hope the UK based people are watching BBC1 right now......awesome pictures of BC and the bears, bald eagles, whales etc converging on the salmon.

Wow!!!!

Can't wait to live there
Name of the program would be helpful even to us in Canada.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

riosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the roughriosangel is a jewel in the rough

Wow!!!!

Can't wait to live there
I watched that a few nights ago, it was really good but sorry can't remember what it was called
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:35 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Here it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00hq341
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:35 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by riosangel
I watched that a few nights ago, it was really good but sorry can't remember what it was called
It's OK I figured it out I've got the first one and I'm currently downloading the second in the series.

It's called Nature's Great Events
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:37 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's OK I figured it out I've got the first one and I'm currently downloading the second in the series.

It's called Nature's Great Events
ooops, crossed, glad you got it Steve
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you enjoyed it and admired the truly excellent camerawork.........but then I would say that, my brother did some of it!

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:52 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Glad you enjoyed it and admired the truly excellent camerawork.........but then I would say that, my brother did some of it!

He did? Very impressive.

The last 15 minutes of the programme was excellent following the behind the scenes setting up of the cameras and the guy (forget his name) standing in the water with the grizzly feet away dancing in the water.

Mind blowing stuff!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 7:41 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

:thumbsup

Wow!!!!

Can't wait to live there
I watched it too....amazing filming, really did show the beauty of this vast landscape in a perfect way,and of course Attenborough to narate
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:13 pm

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow!!!!

Can't wait to live there
You won't be sorry- good for you for choosing beautiful BC
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:20 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Amazing - congrats to him
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:41 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Did it show endless grey clouds and rain?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLT
Amazing - congrats to him
It was incredible and they do an amazing job - certainly not something I've got the patience to do. The brief 2 second shot of the stellar sealions was the result of my brother and one other cameraman living in a tent for 6 weeks on Triangle Island!

Looking forward to the rest of them too, he's featured in the 'how it was made' section of one of them (the Okavango Delta one, think it's called 'The Great Flood'), so needless to say I will be a very proud big sister when he appears on screen!!
Old Feb 24th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

When ever i feel like having a spaz attack about paying the UK TV license fee, i just watch some natural history and much feel better.

I do not mind paying, so as to allow Attenborough and his well travelled crew to make a living. Jonathon Ross however.....
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Just got round to watching it, spectacular as usual.