Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Arrived and our first week in alberta

Arrived and our first week in alberta

Old Sep 30th 2008, 2:54 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Arrived and our first week in alberta

The last few hours in the uk was heart breaking, i dont think anyone can get you ready for that.
Said goodbye to mother and then via phone to others

Flight good, had to show LMO at manchester as we had booked one way flights.
I was thinking the all flight about immagration etc

No hassle, in fact couldnt believe how easy it was, plus she put all the info for the kids in my work permit so that they could start school.
Picked rental up and managed to fit 5 v.large suitcases in, then a tired drive to the bridge, where gaynor had us some coffee ready and the kids some pop etc

sorted the house and thanks to gaynor we had stuff to last us a few days, what a star she has been, even viewed our rental for us and helped us secure it.
Fantastic rental we have, cant get over what a lovely house it is and how lucky we are to be here.
Sorted driving licence out, sin numbers bought stuff for the house and even managed to buy a minivan.
Kids did there first day at school and they love it, the teachers are fantastic, i cant believe that they are so full of energy, the kids have settled and even made new friends.

What people say about networking is so true, our kids new friends parent helped us with the car and it is fab for the price we paid.

We all have beds now, we have settee's, tv and loads more.
Been really busy and cant believe we have been here a week, it really feels like home, im not stressed, i dont get mad, im totally laid back.
ok so the house hasnt sold yet in the uk, it will fingers crossed in the next few weeks once they have sorted there paperwork, but since our feet touched canadian soil it has been so easy.

I miss my mum like mad, but she is planning her trip already next year and cant wait to get here to see our home.
Thanks to sky in the uk she can ring me for free, which is good, but she has rung at 8am just as we are getting ready to go out, but shell learn

Networking has helped me so much to settle so quick, even made new friends quick.
Our boxes arrive tomorrow, can't wait for them as it has stuff in it that i really miss. Courier that we used in the uk not brilliant, but tnt who they sent via have been stars, so we custom cleared them in calgary sunday.....was scared about customs but i think we picked a good day as they was really busy stamped our list and that was it.

So thats our update, will keep on expats to help others and totally think the site rocks, if it wasnt for this then i dont think we would of made the move.

Thanks to everyone who helped us

Gill and family
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived and our first week in alberta

Well done Gill and co. Sounds like you're off to a flier. Really pleased for you.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

Hi

Congrats on the move and welcome to Lethbridge.

Phil & Kyla
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moondevil
The last few hours in the uk was heart breaking, i dont think anyone can get you ready for that.

No hassle, in fact couldnt believe how easy it was, plus she put all the info for the kids in my work permit so that they could start school.
Picked rental up and managed to fit 5 v.large suitcases in, then a tired drive to the bridge, where gaynor had us some coffee ready and the kids some pop etc

sorted the house and thanks to gaynor we had stuff to last us a few days, what a star she has been, even viewed our rental for us and helped us secure it.
Fantastic rental we have, cant get over what a lovely house it is and how lucky we are to be here.
Sorted driving licence out, sin numbers bought stuff for the house and even managed to buy a minivan.
Kids did there first day at school and they love it, the teachers are fantastic, i cant believe that they are so full of energy, the kids have settled and even made new friends.

What people say about networking is so true, our kids new friends parent helped us with the car and it is fab for the price we paid.

Been really busy and cant believe we have been here a week, it really feels like home, im not stressed, i dont get mad, im totally laid back.
ok so the house hasnt sold yet in the uk, it will fingers crossed in the next few weeks once they have sorted there paperwork, but since our feet touched canadian soil it has been so easy.

I miss my mum like mad, but she is planning her trip already next year and cant wait to get here to see our home.
Thanks to sky in the uk she can ring me for free, which is good, but she has rung at 8am just as we are getting ready to go out, but shell learn

Networking has helped me so much to settle so quick, even made new friends quick.
Our boxes arrive tomorrow, can't wait for them as it has stuff in it that i really miss. Courier that we used in the uk not brilliant, but tnt who they sent via have been stars, so we custom cleared them in calgary sunday.....was scared about customs but i think we picked a good day as they was really busy stamped our list and that was it.

So thats our update, will keep on expats to help others and totally think the site rocks, if it wasnt for this then i dont think we would of made the move.

Gill and family
Hi Gill

That is great news and so glad you have settled in so nicely. I know how you feel I haven't been stressed here at all since leaving the UK. I also miss my mum but having skype is a godsend and I can still see her. It sounds like the kids have settled in well too. When your email is up running let me know and we will keep in touch. How is Lethbridge and has Andy started work and how is he finding it. Welcome and all the best. Keep in touch.

Rachel
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:04 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PROLLINSON
Hi

Phil & Kyla
Thanks janet
and thanks phil and kyla....where about are you??

Seems like the expats are taking over the bridge

Must sort stuff out for a get togeather, well the weather is sooooooo nice
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by amardan
Hi Gill

That is great news and so glad you have settled in so nicely. I know how you feel I haven't been stressed here at all since leaving the UK. I also miss my mum but having skype is a godsend and I can still see her. It sounds like the kids have settled in well too. When your email is up running let me know and we will keep in touch. How is Lethbridge and has Andy started work and how is he finding it. Welcome and all the best. Keep in touch.

Rachel
Rachel.....

PM sent
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Good post!Welcome to Canada Gill and Family:
Yoong
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PROLLINSON
Hi

Phil & Kyla
P & K

How is everything going ?

Gill

I think that you have really done really really well - even though you keep asking me "village" questions dont mind one bit just glad that you guys finally made it as I dont think there are many peeps who deserve things to go right as you lot over there in your lovely little house.

Gay
x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Well done on settling in Gill, i think you have done really well to do what you have, congrats
Julie x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

happydj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a really good post and its really nice to read and see how well your all doing! Makes me look forward to it even more!

Im really really happy for you all

Old Sep 30th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Congratulations.

Glad it has all gone well for you.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:02 pm
I'm here somewhere

DSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant futureDSLJFreeman has a brilliant future

Congrats on the move, glad to hear everything has gone well, it all sounds perfect.

Keep us updated as to how you are getting on?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:13 pm

Thanks all for the comments
up early this morning

Kids first full day at school and OH first day in his new job

I will also have house full after school as looking after friends kids, life is good

Me and little one are awaiting our boxes, she cant wait to see all her teddy bears, wait till she sees them vac packed

Its hot today....v.v.v hot must dig out some summer clothes
Stuck to house today as me and OH are car sharing for a while, so i let him take it, that wont happen often

Getting into the laid back life now
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

Gill and family
Hi Gill

You seem to have settled into the swing of things really quickly. I know what you mean, we arrived on Saturday and I feel that we are already at home. Good for you. We haven't found a permanent house yet, so I will check out where Lethbridge is in relation to my husbands work....hey if the ex-pats are taking it over....

Well done you anyway.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

send out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the roughsend out the calgary is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all for the comments
up early this morning

Kids first full day at school and OH first day in his new job

I will also have house full after school as looking after friends kids, life is good

Me and little one are awaiting our boxes, she cant wait to see all her teddy bears, wait till she sees them vac packed

Its hot today....v.v.v hot must dig out some summer clothes
Stuck to house today as me and OH are car sharing for a while, so i let him take it, that wont happen often

Getting into the laid back life now
Hi Gill

You seem to have settled into the swing of things really quickly. I know what you mean, we arrived on Saturday and I feel that we are already at home. Good for you. We haven't found a permanent house yet, so I will check out where Lethbridge is in relation to my husbands work....hey if the ex-pats are taking it over....

Well done you anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.