Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Arranging interviews for a recce trip.

Arranging interviews for a recce trip.

Old May 18th 2006, 11:27 am
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arranging interviews for a recce trip.

Originally Posted by sharonl
thanks for that when i read all this its like everyone elso knows exactly where to start and has done it real quick, how long do these things usually take?
No....................not quick at all in our case. I think his very first contact with companies, (by e-mail after getting details from web sites,) was about 6 months after our PR application was put in. We were working on an 18 month time scale at that time to get your visa.

Many companies didn't respond at all, but some did and he just followed those through with a vengeance! He was in quite as good position as he was just lining up the recce trip for May 04, so could tell the interested companies he was coming to the country, so could line up interviews.

He just kept "touching base" with the intersted companies too, just to keep his name in their thoughts...........................didn't pester TOO much...............well OK..........a bit.

The one company he now works for remained interested for the duration....................we were so lucky. They said they really struggle to find good people, so were prepared to wait.