Reload this Page >

Architectural Work in CA

Architectural Work in CA

Old Feb 25th 2010, 1:11 am
Just Joined

RobLindsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Architectural Work in CA

Originally Posted by Lorna999
I will get Rob to pass on the names of companies that had some vacancies when he gets back from work. I know at least one had several at different levels.
Any contacts would be more than welcome, thanks
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rob, Rob here (Lorna's OH). First up, although Architectural Technologist isn't on the list of 38, it isn't a regulated profession in Canada either, so if you can get a job offer, you should be able to get to Canada on a Temporary Work Permit in the first instance, then apply for PR once you get there.
My experience pounding the streets of Halifax NS was that there was plenty of construction work going on and the Architectural Practices had more than enough work to do.
There's a good two dozen or so small to medium offices in Halifax, and the ones I contacted were:

Lydon Lynch [email protected] 902-422-1446

DSRA Envision [email protected] 902-420-9990

MacKay-Lyons Sweetapple [email protected] 902-429-1867

and the one I will be working for, WHW Architects shughes@whwarchitects 902-429-5490

Also worth looking at are:
Connor A+P
Kassner Goodspeed
Sperry & Partners

You will have to make sure that a potential employer will be able to apply for an LMO for you, as you will be a foreign worker (weird to think of yourself as a foreigner isn't it?) but some offices have been trying to fill up vacancies for ages, so an LMO shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:56 am
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Rob, the email for WHW should read

shughes @whwarchitects.com

Cheers
Rob
Old Feb 26th 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

transatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond reputetransatlantic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a AT with 6 years experience, applied in 2007 so before the days in the list! Moved to Halifax for a job that turned out not to exist in Jan, I've ended up in Kingston Ont where I started working for an Architectural practice two weeks ago. My only advise is avoid Nycum in Halifax!!