Reload this Page >

applying for red seal in Ontario

applying for red seal in Ontario

Old Jan 8th 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default applying for red seal in Ontario

hello all,

Can anyone help me please, I have just been granted my PR which is great news. The only thing now is i need to get the red seal ticket.
I am a qualified electrician with over 15 years experience with all the relevant qualifications, electrical installation 236, 17th edition, Testing and inspection, HNC Mechatronics and a few other work related qualification.
I want to apply for the red seal industrial electrician in Ontario but I'm not sure where to start.
I also read that if you have proof of employment 9000hrs that you can sit the exam. If this is the case and i can qualify for this has any one got any relevant coursework information, or course work books that i can buy.
First time on the site i would appreciate any help thanks.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:19 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for red seal in Ontario

I know you sit the test through the ministry of training, colleges, and universities and that they have offices throughout the province, more than that I'm afraid I can't be of much help. Here are a few links that might get you more info:

http://www.citizenship.gov.on.ca/eng.../indelec.shtml

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/tcu/emp.../newtoontario/
Old Jan 8th 2010, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I will try them out .
Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:28 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

This is the page you need. http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/training/foreign.html
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Cheers, i will take a look