Wikiposts

Apple or PC

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:01 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apple or PC

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I placed my order for a Macbook pro yesterday... I should have it in a few days. Woohoo!!!
It's a sweet machine. I have had the 17" for 18 months now and no glitches. Same with the iMac I had before that for 2 years.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
It's a sweet machine. I have had the 17" for 18 months now and no glitches. Same with the iMac I had before that for 2 years.
I had a 12" powerbook and loved it. Sold it when I bought the 15.4" macbook pro and when I told the mac store how much I got for the PB they very nearly offered me a job.

Unfortunately my first MBP had many issues and in the end had to hae it returned and refunded at PC World as Apple refused to exchabge it. I bought a newer version MBP and have had no problems at all with it. It just ran out of warranty so I changed the hard drive on it so it now carries a 250GB drive. My next upgrade will be more ram (I want to max it out at 3 GB as it now carries 2GB) and a new airport card to the n version. As for the rest, I'm happy as can be.

Dad is still on PC bt I'm working on a G3 for him.

Mom is on a G4 already. Sis swicthes between her state of the art PC and mother's G4 quite comfortably. She is contemplating getting a mac mini or ven a macbook. I wouldn't mind finding her a last generation 12" powerbook.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:16 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London-England-Lads
My knowledge of apple computers is very minimum. Do more business in Canada use PC or Apple? Or is it like England 50/50
I work in a huge mortgage centre for one of the big banks - half the staff use Macs, the rest of us PCs. A friend works at a local hospital, designing brochures and leaflets; she uses a Mac. So I s'pose it depends what work you're in.

http://www.futureshop.ca/home.asp?ne...gon=&langid=EN

Last edited by Jay Bird; Jan 22nd 2008 at 1:18 am. Reason: added a link
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Novo. Have they shown you the secret handshake yet?

I don't find the availability of Macs or software any better here than in the UK, although obviously now I'm closer to several Apple Stores in MI, but leaving those out of it, I'd say it was about the same.

I miss the 2yr John Lewis warranty, but the price savings make up for that

Started with a wee Mac Plus in the late 1980s (cost well over 2k GBP *with* a massive education discount!!!), I think we've got 7 or 8 Macs in various states now. My name is Biiiiink, and I'm a Mac addict
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
My name is Biiiiink, and I'm a Mac addict
Hi Biiiiink! Welcome to MAA (Mac Addicts Anonymous)
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:52 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Novo. Have they shown you the secret handshake yet?
I'm rolling up a trouser leg as I type.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

has anyone seen the new "genius bar" in the Apple stores? You have to make an appointment for them to answer questions for you. I went in because my battery is dying on my ipod yet had to make an appointment for the next day for one of the "geniuses" to confirm it for me at which point he suggested it was probably the hard drive Needless to say I went elsewhere, got my battery replaced and it works fine
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:17 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyc
Yes, but it is the top 8%....

Or as Douglas Adams once said
Apple may not get everything right, but at least they knew the century was going to end .
My second home computer was a Apple II+ clone followed by an Apple IIGS two computers I was really pleased with.

Unfortunately Apple chose to discontinue the IIGS with no warning and no software support so I was left with an expensive paperweight.:curse:

It was at that point that I moved to a PC clone running MS-DOS and have had a PC ever since.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I was left with an expensive paperweight.:curse:
You didn't fancy a fish tank?

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mc_dub
has anyone seen the new "genius bar" in the Apple stores? You have to make an appointment for them to answer questions for you. I went in because my battery is dying on my ipod yet had to make an appointment for the next day for one of the "geniuses" to confirm it for me at which point he suggested it was probably the hard drive Needless to say I went elsewhere, got my battery replaced and it works fine
Yes, the genius bar is a bit of a waste. I also don't like the new policy of repairs. If you have warranty they will handle it but they will only do it on a first come first serve basis so you could be waiting 5 days or more before you get your machine returned. However, if you want it done quickly, you can pay £79 which will give you a year of premium service and the turnaorund is "on site" from an Apple store or within 24 hours.

*sigh*

Still, I love my Mac.

*stroking it gently*
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

booooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingggggg! what's on the other channel? Or are you sure it's not the aquarium screensaver?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mc_dub
booooooooooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingggggg! what's on the other channel? Or are you sure it's not the aquarium screensaver?
I don't care. I want one!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YYZlover
I don't care. I want one!
If my ex had an older sister I'd be very scared by now!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:49 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
My second home computer was a Apple II+ clone followed by an Apple IIGS two computers I was really pleased with.
Back in the dim mists of time I had an ATARI ST MEGA which was, in 1988 regarding as the poor mans Apple Mac. Sadly since then it's been PC's all the way for me. The Mrs has talked about wanting a Laptop so we'd probably give a macbook a try if we bought one.

I'm Atlantic Xpat and my first computer was a ZX81!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Back in the dim mists of time I had an ATARI ST MEGA which was, in 1988 regarding as the poor mans Apple Mac. Sadly since then it's been PC's all the way for me. The Mrs has talked about wanting a Laptop so we'd probably give a macbook a try if we bought one.

I'm Atlantic Xpat and my first computer was a ZX81!
ah good old Sinclair, the days of the Atari, the Sinclair ZX spectrums and the Amstrad CPCs, high pitched whining from the tapes loading only for it to crash halfway through only to be blow away by the super advanced commodore amiga and sensible soccer!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.