Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Apologies for the Weather !!

Apologies for the Weather !!

Old Mar 12th 2006, 10:57 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apologies for the Weather !!

I must apologise to you all for the bad weather, it is our fault. My husband has decided to start the big redecoration thing before putting home on the market and he has started on the outside windows. Every time he decides to do this it starts raining! I have just finished putting another coat of paint on the kitchen window and it has started snowing!!

This situation will only be for another couple of weeks I am sure, so please bear with us.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apologies for the Weather !!

Lol!
So we can blame you then can we?

We are selling some of our 100's of books today. The book sale is sort of combined with a farmers market so we thought, great! we should do really well, lots of people about. Ha! The weather is putting paid to that!
I have come back as the roads were getting bad. Hubby has just phoned to say we have now broken even I hope he doesn't bring too many boxes back, I've nowhere to put them!

Hope you get your windows done soon.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
I must apologise to you all for the bad weather, it is our fault. My husband has decided to start the big redecoration thing before putting home on the market and he has started on the outside windows. Every time he decides to do this it starts raining! I have just finished putting another coat of paint on the kitchen window and it has started snowing!!

This situation will only be for another couple of weeks I am sure, so please bear with us.

Could you please tell him to hurry up. My crocuses and daffodils are having a hard time with the really cold weather we're getting here!
Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:07 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Could you please tell him to hurry up. My crocuses and daffodils are having a hard time with the really cold weather we're getting here!
Will do, but you know the old phrase about taking a horse to water, and he is getting on a bit now, more dear. Our daffs are really late this year only about to open, mind you the camelia has decided to show itself which is nice, looks a bit nicer with something other than green/brown outside.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 11:23 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our first whiff of Spring yesterday. It got up to a tropical nine degrees and there were rivers in the streets as the snow banks started to melt. Just another six feet to go.

I was even able to throw open the garage door and play with my power tools. I haven't done that since October.

People seemed a bit confused as to the season. I was in shirtsleeves, others were still bundled up. One bloke I saw was in shorts and a T-shirt (looked a bit odd trudging through the snow).
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:59 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

There is no need to apologise. The weather is perfect, 32C and sunny..
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:04 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzRob
There is no need to apologise. The weather is perfect, 32C and sunny..
... but doesn't the heat, bugs and the koalas keep you awake at night or is that just in Adelaide?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...25#post1165125

(post #21 by Sundarize)
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:43 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
... but doesn't the heat, bugs and the koalas keep you awake at night or is that just in Adelaide?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...25#post1165125

(post #21 by Sundarize)
Started to read the post but stopped very quickly as it started to grate!! That's what we call a whinging Pom...

In Adelaide you would also have to content with the bogans!! I call it the mullet capital of the world
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:58 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Then you missed the part about the Koalas?

What's a bogan? Speak English man.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 3:43 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this too

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360835

Think I'll have a swim after work. Can't decide if I should go in the pool or go to the beach though.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:16 am
Can I go now!?

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Then you missed the part about the Koalas?

What's a bogan? Speak English man.
I guess I must have missed the koalas. I lost interest in the post after the second sentence and a quick glance at the rest confirmed my fears. Below are two links. The first describes what a bogan is (its the second item down.) I include the second only because it states that the whole population of Adelaide are bogans.

http://www.toxiccustard.com/australia/lingo.html

http://lordphat.com/text/bogan
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
We had our first whiff of Spring yesterday. It got up to a tropical nine degrees and there were rivers in the streets as the snow banks started to melt. Just another six feet to go.

I was even able to throw open the garage door and play with my power tools. I haven't done that since October.

People seemed a bit confused as to the season. I was in shirtsleeves, others were still bundled up. One bloke I saw was in shorts and a T-shirt (looked a bit odd trudging through the snow).

Lucky you!! 2 days of constant snow here and -18 this morning!!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - now I know who to blame for this weather!!

Yesterday I was ticked off because it was 19 below here. Today its 23 below!!! Would you please tell your husband to quit the work because I am getting sick of the cold!!!??
Old Mar 13th 2006, 12:49 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by diddy
Have a look at this too

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360835

Think I'll have a swim after work. Can't decide if I should go in the pool or go to the beach though.
With hot lousy weather like that, no wonder you Aussies only won a single gold medal at the Turin Olympics - and that was by a Canadian being coached by a Canadian.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:55 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was a record beating +17 in Oakville yesterday. Went out without a coat for the first time since last November... Hurrah....

What makes it even better is that the newspaper was predicting a big snowfall later on this week, which means that conditions should be just around perfect for the last ski of the season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.