Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone used House network

Anyone used House network

Old Apr 6th 2010, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone used House network

Has anyone used House network. to sell there house,
you need to pay upfront some if not all the fee,
There does seem to be a lot of houses on there and wondering what if any experiences you have had ?

We are getting pretty fed up with the agents here, we need to target the London house market, also been approached to put the house in a well known homes magazine ? just not sure when that would actually go in ?
Could put it in the evening standard, not sure about the cost of that, suppose any publicity is better than non
Old Apr 6th 2010, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used House network

I used them successfully but that was back in 2007. I was very happy with their service and communications.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
I used them successfully but that was back in 2007. I was very happy with their service and communications.
Thanks for replying, my worry is with so many companies going bust if we pay up front and the worst happens once again we will have lost dosh
Old Apr 6th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

I used them last year and they were fine, in my view better than the high street agents and a fraction of the price. Great website with online feedback from the viewers, the only downside is that you have to show the viewers around the house, but then who better than you?

Think I paid about £900 and sold for £300k, do the maths and see how much I saved by not using a high street agent. Personally I'd say it's worth the risk....

To be honest there's nothing that pisses me off more than giving my hard earned to the high street agents, swanning around in their £40k mercs & BMW's doing flap all to earn their 2% or whatever it is these days, I really have no time for them and couldn't help but smile when I walked past their closed down businesses during the height of the recession, they'll get zero sympathy from me. Even had them knocking on my door asking for my business..... rant over

Good Luck.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stokesey
I used them last year and they were fine, in my view better than the high street agents and a fraction of the price. Great website with online feedback from the viewers, the only downside is that you have to show the viewers around the house, but then who better than you?

Think I paid about £900 and sold for £300k, do the maths and see how much I saved by not using a high street agent. Personally I'd say it's worth the risk....

To be honest there's nothing that pisses me off more than giving my hard earned to the high street agents, swanning around in their £40k mercs & BMW's doing flap all to earn their 2% or whatever it is these days, I really have no time for them and couldn't help but smile when I walked past their closed down businesses during the height of the recession, they'll get zero sympathy from me. Even had them knocking on my door asking for my business..... rant over

Good Luck.
Thanks for that stokesey its Audis with this lot
I need to read the small print to see if i have to still pay them even if we sell it by ourselves, need to see how long this lot have got left on the contract, so far there have been no viewers with this agency think its about 5 weeks

To be honest i would rather show them round, this house is very unusual, how many houses have there own bridge to the front door eh
The agent doesn't really know the area or the house, country walks etc so i am the best i suppose having lived here for over 9 years

I agree the website is very good, there are only a few agents open in our nearest town now, the recession has certainly taken its toll

There are a lot of very satisfied customers on the website, that surely must say something
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

From what I remember, there is no conflict if you have it already with a high street agent and also use Housenetwork and ultimately sell through them (that was my situation and it didn't cause any problems) and boy did I save heaps! In London, despite the high street agents charging their wopping commission rates, they never did the viewings, the vendors always had to so I saw no difference (except saving money) by using these other guys.

TBH most people go straight to the internet first anyway so with their exposure, you are going to get a good selection of viewers that might not have been on the local guys mailing list.

Good luck!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cappuccino
From what I remember, there is no conflict if you have it already with a high street agent and also use Housenetwork and ultimately sell through them (that was my situation and it didn't cause any problems) and boy did I save heaps! In London, despite the high street agents charging their wopping commission rates, they never did the viewings, the vendors always had to so I saw no difference (except saving money) by using these other guys.

TBH most people go straight to the internet first anyway so with their exposure, you are going to get a good selection of viewers that might not have been on the local guys mailing list.

Good luck!
Thats very true, when we brought the house it was via the internet and that was 9 years ago, no brainer really
Thanks for the help