Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone from the UK moved to Vancouver with children?

Anyone from the UK moved to Vancouver with children?

Old Apr 27th 2008, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone from the UK moved to Vancouver with children?

Originally Posted by ann m
You've got two inches ?? Show off. Wow. I've got nowt !

Shoot the deer - this hunting lark is quite big over here - no-one will notice - might be good for the BBQ too

Sorry OP - off topic - just a tad ....

Funnily enough, the previous occupant of our house had deer heads stuck up on lots of the walls that he had slaughtered at some point - maybe that is how he got them, protecting his tulips

I would try it myself, but the flower bed is in the front garden and as I don't have much coordination, I would probably take out a passing pedestrian or motorist while the deer roll around on the floor laughing - and scoffing my tulips

Sorry OP - see, you won't have these problems in Vancouver though, because your tulips will have grown, flowered and died off by this time of year - lucky thing
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:01 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Bored now - I want tulips ....
Chewlips? You want chewlips?

Here's some ... and some more ... bloody hell, there's millions of them ...

(all photographs taken yesterday!)
Attached Thumbnails Anyone from the UK moved to Vancouver with children?-cimg5902.jpg   Anyone from the UK moved to Vancouver with children?-cimg5897.jpg   Anyone from the UK moved to Vancouver with children?-cimg5898.jpg  
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

soniataylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for all your replys. So much to think about and take in.....owww my poor head. lol!

Well i will be doing alot of research these next coming weeks into everything.

Will report back soon. xx
Old Apr 29th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Chewlips? You want chewlips?

Here's some ... and some more ... bloody hell, there's millions of them ...

(all photographs taken yesterday!)
Are they in your back garden?

They would keep the deer going for a while
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:25 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
Are they in your back garden?
I wish.

It is just outside of La Conner, Washington State. A nice afternoon trundle from White Rock.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JonboyE;6280802]Chewlips? You want chewlips?

Here's some ... and some more ... bloody hell, there's millions of them .../QUOTE]

Thank you I could post some sarky comment about you rubbing things in, but I won't - they're reeeel purdy. Now then - if just a few come up in my garden I'll be chuffed!
Old May 10th 2008, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

simeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by soniataylor
Hi,

Can anyone who has moved to Vancouver either a couple or with children please give some advice on the best place to live with children, also good state schools etc.

My partner has been offered a job in Vancouver as a sales representative, so he will be travelling all over Vancouver, scary for him! but i need to have a good family neighbourhood with good schools. I live in a really lovely area now with great schools for my children aged 8 and 15 and would like that to be the same when moving to Canada.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sonia x
hi
i have four children 2 girls aged 4 and 7. 2 boys 10 and 11. we`ve been in the coquitlam, burnaby border for four months, the kids have all settled in well, as have my wife and i.
if you need any more help, we`ll be happy to help
sim `n lisa