Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Ottawa fancy a meet-up in June?

Anyone in Ottawa fancy a meet-up in June?

Old May 10th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

MariaP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Ottawa fancy a meet-up in June?

Hi, so who wants to go and what day and time (and is Dow's Lake ok?)
Old May 10th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MariaP
Hi, so who wants to go and what day and time (and is Dow's Lake ok?)
Me, Friday, any time, Saturday or Sunday, any time after 6pm.
Dow's Lake's fine with me.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Trish sinCe you started this thread and are in town June 9 how about we say Saturday June 9 meeting at 1 PM at Dow's Lake?

Is that ok with you and any others who would like to join us?

If everyone agrees, we Can then sort out what restaurant there and to meet in front of whiCh restaurant entranCe.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Trish sinCe you started this thread and are in town June 9 how about we say Saturday June 9 meeting at 1 PM at Dow's Lake?

Is that ok with you and any others who would like to join us?

If everyone agrees, we Can then sort out what restaurant there and to meet in front of whiCh restaurant entranCe.
Can't do 1pm - am attending a course on Sat & Sun from 9-5. Can do evening tho'.
Old May 10th 2007, 9:45 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

I can do Friday after 4:30, and Sat and Sun anytime. Dow's Lake sounds good - never ate there before, unless you count a Beavertail on the Canal.
Old May 11th 2007, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure how crowded Dow's Lake might be during an evening and if we are not able to get in somewhere there is not much else around there I don't think.

Maybe we should stick with the Market and pick a restaurant to meet at around 6 or 6:30 PM and if problems getting in then we have other restaurants to go to.

Otherwise, maybe do another weekend where we are able to go to Dow's Lake during the day? What does every one think?
Old May 11th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not sure how crowded Dow's Lake might be during an evening and if we are not able to get in somewhere there is not much else around there I don't think.

Maybe we should stick with the Market and pick a restaurant to meet at around 6 or 6:30 PM and if problems getting in then we have other restaurants to go to.

Otherwise, maybe do another weekend where we are able to go to Dow's Lake during the day? What does every one think?

Only weekend I'm in Ottawa, so anywhere's fine for me! Maybe the Market would be easier for me to get to from Nepean by public treansport?
Old May 11th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TrishB
Only weekend I'm in Ottawa, so anywhere's fine for me! Maybe the Market would be easier for me to get to from Nepean by public treansport?
I'm in Manotick which is just down the road from Nepean. I'll let you know when a date has been set and I could pick you up...
Old May 11th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

So how about we say Saturday June 9 at 6:30 PM meeting on the Market - restaurant still to be determined - I will look things up for restaurants and show everyone the possibilities where to eat and we will see where everyone prefers to go. Will do this soon.

Let me know.
Old May 11th 2007, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

I still like the idea of the Hard Rock cafe on the market - They have a patio upstairs so we are able to sit outside.

www.hardrock.com

There is also the Byward Market website which lists restaurants - I am not able to eat fish or spicy foods so restaurants which only have those types of foods would be out for me:

www.byward-market.com

Let me know what y'all think.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

Sean Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to go but I don't really like being in the same room as British people.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Snave
I'm in Manotick which is just down the road from Nepean. I'll let you know when a date has been set and I could pick you up...
On the bike??????? Pleaaaaaase!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sean Boxer
I'd like to go but I don't really like being in the same room as British people.
Bah humbug!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, but I'm not just British - I'm Irish too!
Old May 12th 2007, 2:22 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

But I will be there, Sean - I can even wear my flashy pants if you want, they should take the attention away from any Brits around!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.