Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone near Dundas st, Whitby ?

Anyone near Dundas st, Whitby ?

Old Aug 19th 2006, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

njdude26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone near Dundas st, Whitby ?

We are planning to buy a 4 year old home near Dundas St, Whitby. Anyone near that location ? How is the area ? Safe ?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 5:04 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone near Dundas st, Whitby ?

Originally Posted by njdude26
We are planning to buy a 4 year old home near Dundas St, Whitby. Anyone near that location ? How is the area ? Safe ?
Hi there,

This is where we are headed, We like the area, the reason for us is that we have a very large family out there in the whitby, ajax area. Dundas street runs the whole length of Whitby, going into Ajax and unless I look at the map I think it also runs into the next town over... As every where they have the good areas and bad... Family have told us to look out from the inner town area, more out to the out skirts of the town.....But as far as I can remember the road is the main road running into the town..
Here is a link to the towns web site... they have loads going on for the kids and also advertise local jobs too...

http://www.whitby.ca/index.php

Sutherlands
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Meg Muzza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I lived and grew up in whitby so i may be able to help with this question! Dundas street can get very busy as it runs through the main part of whitby. Its not a bad area as such but if you have a family or children you might be better off looking away from the centre or town and more towards areas such as north whitby, brooklin area or even further down along Taunton road as I believe they are building more and more in that area. But again it all depends on what your looking for! My family moved away from whitby beacuse it was getting much too busy (when we moved in in 1990 there was 42 000 people now theres over 100 000 i believe) I visit when i'm in canada (I live in the UK with my husband now, although we're moving abck) but it really is getting more and more crowded. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:14 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Dundas street runs the whole length of Whitby, going into Ajax and unless I look at the map I think it also runs into the next town over...
Dundas runs basicaly most of the way along Lake Ontario and on West. It runs at least from Belleville and Trenton. Changes name in places (often as Hwy 2 or King St, Kingston Road etc), but then changes back again, at least as far as London.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:29 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Dundas runs basicaly most of the way along Lake Ontario and on West. It runs at least from Belleville and Trenton. Changes name in places (often as Hwy 2 or King St, Kingston Road etc), but then changes back again, at least as far as London.
Pity the poor kid that gets that street on his paper round !!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:31 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buchan6
Pity the poor kid that gets that street on his paper round !!!
Good Tips though
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Hwy 2 is called Dundas Street in good ol Napanee (the centre of the universe)
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 2:02 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by flashman
Hwy 2 is called Dundas Street in good ol Napanee (the centre of the universe)
Its Princess though by the time it reaches Kingston ...so maybe Napanee is really the end of the road instead

Last edited by iaink; Aug 22nd 2006 at 2:36 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by njdude26

Hi,
We moved to Whitby in May '06 and have found it great. The kids love it espec. my 14 year old who I NEVER see except when he runs out of money/clean underpants etc!!! I also have a 6 yr old son and a 7 year old daughter and they have settled really well too. We live at Brock and Dryden not far from Dundas (Dundas is a very long road btw). Any Brits in the area, drop me a line and perhaps we can meet up. Also drop me a line if you want to know anything else about the area and I will do the best I can to help out.
Sam