Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved from UK to Calgary recently

Anyone moved from UK to Calgary recently

Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Anyone moved from UK to Calgary recently

Hi

We are looking to come over there to live and would love to hear from any Brits who have recently made the move to Calgary or Southern Alberta.

What have been your experiences problems. Getting jobs anything that can help our move come to fruition.

Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:37 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved from UK to Calgary recently

We've been here since last October (me) and September (husb and 2 boys aged 14 and 19 when we moved). Are there any specific questions??

We're enjoying life so far, and the boys are terrific. They think Canada is wonderful.

May I be cheeky and redirect you to www.Canilink.com where most of the posters are either planning on Calgary/Alberta, or already here!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 3:41 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi

We are looking to come over there to live and would love to hear from any Brits who have recently made the move to Calgary or Southern Alberta.

What have been your experiences problems. Getting jobs anything that can help our move come to fruition.

We arrived in march this year.
Feel Free to PM me with specifics.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone moved from UK to Calgary recently

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi

I moved a little over a year ago. Feel free to PM me should you have any specific questions.

Phil
Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:12 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

You may PM me too, if you really want to, but really unless questions are of a particularly personal or delicate nature I do feel it's better to ask on an open forum for two reasons:

1. You get more of a range of answers ... bear in mind that people generally can only tell you of their own experiences and opinions. Somebody might PM you an answer to avoid offending somebody etc.

and 2. If you have a question it is almost bound to be on somebody else's mind too, if not right now, then sometime in the future, so by answering you it may help others who have similar queries. All past posts are searchable using the buttons at the top of this page.

Wanted to clarify also my link to another site: I'm not suggesting you go there INSTEAD of here, but there are many folk there who are or wish to be Calgary-based is all!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

davio28 is an unknown quantity at this point

yay yes awesome place been here a year has a lot going for it and jobs are plentifull. PM me also if you like