Reload this Page >

Anyone in MONTREAL?

Anyone in MONTREAL?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:44 am
Just Joined

alliecfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Anyone in MONTREAL?

Hiya!

I'm actually canadian but my boyfriend is from the UK (Preston but grew up in the Isle of Man) and we just moved to Montreal after living in Geneva for 4 years. Just wondering if there were any other expats in the Montreal area to meet up with and perhaps share experiences, watch some footy and rugby, and discuss starting a new life while also being nostalgic from time to time when certains foods, telly, ect start to be missed........
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

suzieg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in MONTREAL?

Originally Posted by alliecfc
Hiya!

I'm actually canadian but my boyfriend is from the UK (Preston but grew up in the Isle of Man) and we just moved to Montreal after living in Geneva for 4 years. Just wondering if there were any other expats in the Montreal area to meet up with and perhaps share experiences, watch some footy and rugby, and discuss starting a new life while also being nostalgic from time to time when certains foods, telly, ect start to be missed........
Hiya Allie, great top see a new gal in town. Ive been in Montreal since January of 2009 with my Canadian husband and English daughter who is now 4. We are over from Wales and I too am looking for some pals to reminisce with and share some british stories. I miss Marmite, real baked beans, blackcurrant cordial and cheap plonk! How about you? Are u from this neck of the woods originally or just here for the French?! RSVP. Did you know you can watch Corrie here? Oh and they do Jacobs Cream Crackers too.......
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Hiya!

Yeah, I'm originally from here, though it's been such a long time since living here that it feels more foreign than anything. I did know about Corrie, though think I'll have to wait till around Xmas to watch it as it's behind. I wanted to try to send you a private message but it wouldn't let me as I have less than 3 posts...... Be nice to meet some new people though if you're interested!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Hey Allie, would be good to meet up bearing in mind I have a kid, so need to work around that, but let me know what you`d like to do. Take it you like sports judging from your footie and rugby comment? Not a footie kind of girl myself, but do like a bit of rugby, or did at least in the home nation of Wales! Other than that, am pretty flexible with other pastimes. Look forward to hearing your thoughts...
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

cibuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have been living here for over 2 years but happy to meet some more Brits as most my friends are Quebecoise or Canadian. I am big into football and rugby as well so would be happy to meet up. Give me a shout
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Becky 7802 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzieg
Hiya Allie, great top see a new gal in town. Ive been in Montreal since January of 2009 with my Canadian husband and English daughter who is now 4. We are over from Wales and I too am looking for some pals to reminisce with and share some british stories. I miss Marmite, real baked beans, blackcurrant cordial and cheap plonk! How about you? Are u from this neck of the woods originally or just here for the French?! RSVP. Did you know you can watch Corrie here? Oh and they do Jacobs Cream Crackers too.......
Hi girls, i'm originally from the UK (Carlisle then London) and have been here 6 years. When i moved here i made a few close girlfriends through Brits in Montreal - although lately most have got married and moved out to the suburbs, so I was hoping to meet some new friends!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Becky 7802
Hi girls, i'm originally from the UK (Carlisle then London) and have been here 6 years. When i moved here i made a few close girlfriends through Brits in Montreal - although lately most have got married and moved out to the suburbs, so I was hoping to meet some new friends!
Hi ladies, nice to hear from you. Astounded to hear you have both been here for two or more years. I guess you like the hustle and bustle of the city. It would be great to meet up so I can be shown around some of the places I havent yet experienced and get some other brits perspectives on settling in and staying! Who`s up for a chat and possible get together? Thankfully I am just about to start work after 18 months of immigration headaches, so fingers crossed that all goes well. What do you girls do to keep out of trouble?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Wow, I'm so pleased my post is bringing people together! We shall all have to arrange to meet for coffee and chit chat one day, can never have too many friends in the big city!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Give me a shout when you are all available. Will be interesting meeting more Brits here though make sure you bring your partners, don't want to be the only bloke there. Going away next 2 weekends with my girlfriend but keep me updated. Oh and by the way I am originally from the Wirral in England.

Take care
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Just making a new reply so I have more than 3 threads due to this bizarre administrator setting for this forum :

The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.

Should be able to see private messages now
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cibuck
Just making a new reply so I have more than 3 threads due to this bizarre administrator setting for this forum :

The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.

Should be able to see private messages now

It is odd I know, did that to me too at first.....
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

gembers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I'm another English guy in Montreal. Been here 4 years now and am up for meeting some new Brits. Hope you're settling in well!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gembers
Hi! I'm another English guy in Montreal. Been here 4 years now and am up for meeting some new Brits. Hope you're settling in well!
I'm originally from here so it's just a matter of getting back into the canadian way of life. My boyfriend is having a bit of a hard time with the frenchies but I think it just takes some time.......
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

nacira is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alliecfc
I'm originally from here so it's just a matter of getting back into the canadian way of life. My boyfriend is having a bit of a hard time with the frenchies but I think it just takes some time.......
Hello there! I am actually one of those Frenchies originally from France ... but have lived the last 11 years in London. I now have been in Montreal for 8 months and although I am very much enjoying it here, I have to admit that I miss hanging out with brits so would definitely be up for meeting new people!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

I was thinking about meeting next week. How about Wednesday after work about 5 30? I work downtown but am flexible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.