Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in or have visited Digby, NS.

Anyone living in or have visited Digby, NS.

Old Jul 10th 2013, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Newbie36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone living in or have visited Digby, NS.

Hi

My husband has a job starting in the Digby area NS. He is Canadian and grew up in NS and is very happy to be returning. I have spent lots of time in NS but have never been to Digby. The job starts in Digby but there is potential to move later on. I wondered if anyone can share any info with me about what it is like to live there? We have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old and we like to be outside as much as the weather allows!

Any info would be great!

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2013, 11:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in or have visited Digby, NS.

Originally Posted by Newbie36
Hi

My husband has a job starting in the Digby area NS. He is Canadian and grew up in NS and is very happy to be returning. I have spent lots of time in NS but have never been to Digby. The job starts in Digby but there is potential to move later on. I wondered if anyone can share any info with me about what it is like to live there? We have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old and we like to be outside as much as the weather allows!

Any info would be great!

Thanks
There are threads that mention Digby - if you do a search you will find them, but here are a few to be going on with:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=Digby

Exciting times! Do you have PR or will he need to sponsor you?

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 10th 2013 at 11:39 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

sandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to allsandylns is a name known to all

www.novascotia.com will give you some idea about the Annapolis valley and surrounding area. I live in Fall River NS and have visited Digby many times. It is a great little town and in a very nice scenic area of Nova Scotia.
You can go whale watching fairly close to Digby and there is a ton of things to do as a family.
The weather can be very good as it is warmer on the Fundy coast than the Atlantic coast. That is also true of winter.
Digby is a huge tourist attraction so it can get busy in the summer. The Annapolis valley is the center of farming in NS. Look for U picks for fresh veggies and fruits. All within a short drive.
Good luck.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Newbie36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your replies

I have looked on info on the web but thought i would try messaging here in case in case anyone actually lives there or close-by.

I am excited about our move but also nervous as no idea what it will be like! Going to remain positive and see what happens!
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newbie36
Thanks so much for your replies

I have looked on info on the web but thought i would try messaging here in case in case anyone actually lives there or close-by.

I am excited about our move but also nervous as no idea what it will be like! Going to remain positive and see what happens!
There are postings from people that live there or have been there from the links I gave you to threads in the forum.

Old Jul 12th 2013, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Oh congrats... So it's all happening now?

I'm half way between Digby and Yarmouth. Digby is a small sleepy town but has everything you need day to day. There is no movie theatre so people come down to Yarmouth for that and some other things too. But nothing major missing in Digby...

When will you be over? Hopefully you get to enjoy a little bit of the summer still...