Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone landed recently?

Anyone landed recently?

Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice
Default Anyone landed recently?

If anyone has landed recently and was not able to obtain there PR card because of no fixed address yet and were given a document for 'Address Notification' then you maybe able to help me.

I was issued with this document that contained a link to CIC but this doesn't work. The telephone number to call was 1 800 255 4541 and this states it is no longer is use, so I have little faith that the fax number will be okay. If you were issued with this document and the details you have differ, I would be grateful if you could supply them. I used the on-line services to change my address 2 weeks ago but upon looking today, it still has my UK address.

Stuck not really knowing what to do next to get my PR card sorted. The CIC site has forms that require you to send a fee but haven't I already paid this as part of the process?
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:36 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone landed recently?

Yep, landed this afternoon and if I say so myself it was a jolly good landing !
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Yes apparently the PR card is paid for as part of the immigration fees. I would fire off a case specific e-mail and ask what else you can do...or for new numbers, readvising of the new address again at the same time
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by ga1lf
If anyone has landed recently and was not able to obtain there PR card because of no fixed address yet and were given a document for 'Address Notification' then you maybe able to help me.

I was issued with this document that contained a link to CIC but this doesn't work. The telephone number to call was 1 800 255 4541 and this states it is no longer is use, so I have little faith that the fax number will be okay. If you were issued with this document and the details you have differ, I would be grateful if you could supply them. I used the on-line services to change my address 2 weeks ago but upon looking today, it still has my UK address.

Stuck not really knowing what to do next to get my PR card sorted. The CIC site has forms that require you to send a fee but haven't I already paid this as part of the process?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

nhbiker is on a distinguished road

Hi, not sure if you ever got this sorted, but I landed on the 14th, also without an address for the pr card and the number I was given to call was:
CIC Call Centre - 1-888-242-2100. I landed at Windsor so this may be a number for that area.
Not sure if this helps or not but putting it out there for you anyway
Good Luck
Sara
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

The number is different from the one on my form (1-800-255-4541) and I have had no luck trying to update it online (my 3rd attempt still hasn't updated my address when I go back in after a 2 week delay!). Might call it and see how I go, so cheers.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ga1lf
The number is different from the one on my form (1-800-255-4541) and I have had no luck trying to update it online (my 3rd attempt still hasn't updated my address when I go back in after a 2 week delay!). Might call it and see how I go, so cheers.
Hi galf

the number is 1 800 242 2100 and its option 3 to change your address and it works

good luck

kae
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kmcguinness
Hi galf

the number is 1 800 242 2100 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting� � � � � � � � � � � � � � 1 800 242 2100� � � � � � end_of_the_skype_highlighting and its option 3 to change your address and it works

good luck

kae
That didn't work, it states I am trying to reach a number outside of my calling area, not sure what that means exactly.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Anyone landed recently?

Well, I landed 2 hrs ago and quite honestly felt very underwhelmed by it all.
No smile, no Welcome to Canada just a lot of questions asked in a very unfriendly offhand way.
Not even a goodluck, goodbye, all the best, nothing.
Gutted.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

I am with you there neilg14.. I did not get a "welcome to Canada" either, no information pack on how and where to get SIN etc.
In fact, all I got was a lecture on how the customs officer did not believe people should be allowed to land if they do not have a house already lined up.
She did warm up a little after I explained that I only got my passport back from CIC on Jan 30th with a validity to Feb 18th and that this was not how we planned it and she sort of agreed that 2 weeks is not enough time to buy a house etc. I still felt lucky that the immigration officer had already stamped my passport and written permanent resident all over the page lol.
All the same, all this waiting, stress, expense and excitement about landing turned out to be anticlimactic at best lol

Good luck with the future
Sara
Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=nhbiker;8358916]
In fact, all I got was a lecture on how the customs officer did not believe people should be allowed to land if they do not have a house already lined up.

Did she give you a document titled 'Address Notification' and if so, what number is listed as Contact the PR Card Call Centre at XXXXXXX

I got a welcome to Canada from a lady who gave me an information pack but the immigration officer was very rude when I landed, guess its the luck of the draw.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Nope all I got was a little slip of paper with the local Immigration centre details on it... she said to call the number when I came back for good and they would sort things out... I would not call it a document exactly lol and it was for the local Windsor office.

Maybe you could google the Immigration Centre closest to your area and get the correct number that way?

a quick search for van area if that is still where you are brings up these:

Vancouver Citizenship & Immigration Offices
Vancouver Immigration Local Office
1148 Hornby St.
Vancouver, BC
V6Z 2C3
604-666-2171
Vancouver Citizenship Local Office
#877-200 Expo Blvd
Vancouver, BC
V6B 8P8
1-888-242-2100

The second number is the one I have on my little slip of paper so is perhaps not a local number after all?

Last edited by nhbiker; Feb 19th 2010 at 10:30 pm. Reason: to add info