Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone know how long renewing UK passports from Canada takes these days?

Anyone know how long renewing UK passports from Canada takes these days?

Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone know how long renewing UK passports from Canada takes these days?

OH sent off his passport renewal to Washington on Feb 18th, it was signed for on Feb 19th.

According to the website, it says that they aim to turn around passports in 10 business days. It's now been 16 days...when should we start chasing (at $2.90 a minute...ouch!)?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone know how long renewing UK passports from Canada takes these days?

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
OH sent off his passport renewal to Washington on Feb 18th, it was signed for on Feb 19th.

According to the website, it says that they aim to turn around passports in 10 business days. It's now been 16 days...when should we start chasing (at $2.90 a minute...ouch!)?
I've posted on another thread about the photos needed now with a light grey or cream background. I can't find anywhere that does them, can I ask what you did?

I hope your OH gets his passport soon. On their website it does still say that is takes maximum 10 business days but it does also say this:

We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes but are working hard to clear applications as quickly as possible.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone know how long renewing UK passports from Canada takes these days?

Originally Posted by tallperson
I've posted on another thread about the photos needed now with a light grey or cream background. I can't find anywhere that does them, can I ask what you did?

I hope your OH gets his passport soon. On their website it does still say that is takes maximum 10 business days but it does also say this:

We are currently experiencing unusually high volumes but are working hard to clear applications as quickly as possible.
OH went to Blacks to get his pictures taken. They have a passport backdrop that works, and they have all of the measurements for various passports (including British). I think it was $19 total.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

OH went to Blacks to get his pictures taken. They have a passport backdrop that works, and they have all of the measurements for various passports (including British). I think it was $19 total.
Thanks - I went there but they only had a white background
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:03 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

I sent my application at the end of Dec and got my passport delivered at the end of January. I think they proccessed it in 10 working days after they received the application. I sent my application by registered post. In retrospect I wish I had sent it by courier as I was worried my cheque and expired passport would go missing in the regular post.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jandro
I sent my application at the end of Dec and got my passport delivered at the end of January. I think they proccessed it in 10 working days after they received the application. I sent my application by registered post. In retrospect I wish I had sent it by courier as I was worried my cheque and expired passport would go missing in the regular post.
Thanks for the info. We did send it by courier ($40!), with guaranteed next day delivery, so we could track it and saw it was delivered the following day.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:24 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

My passport runs out in just over a year, so no need to get it replaced yet, but where do you send it to get it replaced?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

The passport only takes 10 days, but the post 14 each way so thats 34 in total
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
My passport runs out in just over a year, so no need to get it replaced yet, but where do you send it to get it replaced?
Some where on this site
http://ukincanada.fco.gov.uk/en/
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Some where on this site
also
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Passport arrived today - so almost exactly 1 month, or more specifically, 20 business days.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

I posted the same question last week - I sent my forms off on 12 Feb and have still heard nothing, however, noticed that my visa card has been charged for the passports -$330 for 2 children's renewals!!!!!! I am expecting something by the end of this week!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Some where on this site
Is this the correct and/or only site to get the correct forms? Can't seem to open this site up at the mo
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ann m
Is this the correct and/or only site to get the correct forms? Can't seem to open this site up at the mo
worked OK for me http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/passports
Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

How did it arrive ??? I believe I signed up for UPS and also, what travel date did you give on the form?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.