Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here NOT moving to NS?

Anyone on here NOT moving to NS?

Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:51 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here NOT moving to NS?

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ok you want me to get off the fence?
From what I have heard (and seen) the only way you would get me to NS is DEAD, same goes for PEI and NFL. NB is a slightly different matter.

You bloody dare leave the Lovely Alberda, Missy
Well why not - not saying anytime soon (though who knows) Canada is a beautiful place why not try it all out?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:55 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
who knows what might happen in the future
A clairvoyant ?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:57 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
A clairvoyant ?

rhetorical
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:03 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

rhetorical
Hang on while i google
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:09 pm
NEMESIS

Hang on while i google
Oh i see.....its a hat
Attached Thumbnails Anyone on here NOT moving to NS?-rhetorical_questions_hat-p148604709873160027qz14_400.jpg  
Old Apr 26th 2009, 5:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Well why not - not saying anytime soon (though who knows) Canada is a beautiful place why not try it all out?
It was our original idea of a destination along with Ontario but the job offer was here in New Brunswick, which is closer to Canadian cousins. We may move down there or somewhere else in NB in a few years when we downsize and get off the treadmill of work.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:09 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We are off to Ontario in 3 weeks time.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

tinyteds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Ok you want me to get off the fence?
From what I have heard (and seen) the only way you would get me to NS is DEAD, same goes for PEI and NFL. NB is a slightly different matter.

You bloody dare leave the Lovely Alberda, Missy
This made my OH chuckle!!!
He is just back from a recce to NS (thought he'd better check it out after so many glowing reports/posts!) but he just didn't get what the 'draw' was!! We are now even more convinced that our hearts belong in BC. It may take a while to get there but it will be worth the wait!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by riosangel
Hi Michelle

Good luck with your move, has your husband found a job? Hope your son is a bit happier about leaving his girlfriend now.
Hi

Yes my husband moved out 2 weeks ago, he is working for Research in Motion in Waterloo. He had a telephone interview mid-Feb, they then flew him out for a face to face interview at the end of February got a job offer beginning of March and started last week - its been a bit of a whirlwind to be honest! However, given that he works in manufacturing we feel really blessed in this climate for him to have secured a good job with an excellent salary in a company that seems to be bucking the trends at the moment!

The downside is of course my 15 year old son is still not happy about leaving his girlfriend although he is feeling a bit torn now as he wants to be with his dad too!!

How are things for you?

Michelle x
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:56 pm
NEMESIS

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian
We are off to Ontario in 3 weeks time.
Where in TO are you moving to ?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

kancell will become famous soon enoughkancell will become famous soon enough

i have to be honest, the whole recession situation is a bit of a downer, so the allegedly fairly steady nature of NS appeals to me (no booms, no busts, just a steady life).I would imagine a few people will be thinking similar, and the thought of buying a lovely home for £100k with a small mortgage sounds great....... However we're going on a holiday/reccie to Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal/Quebec City in the summer as i think i might get bored in NS. Halifax is actually bigger than my current home town, but we go on lots of cheap ryanair holidays and visit glasgow and edinburgh quite regularly so this keeps us occupied. i'm not sure whether being stuck in halifax with no other big towns locally would be ideal. However, I do hope to see NS and NB before we make any moves, as it would only be fair to compare the whole east coast before making the move!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:04 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Ontario for me....the sooner the better
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:11 pm
NEMESIS

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Ontario for me
Next door to me ?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:18 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Next door to me ?
Don't tempt me....
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:52 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Don't tempt me....
I feel so rejected

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.