Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

anyone had problems bringing in BISTO

anyone had problems bringing in BISTO

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:03 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone had problems bringing in BISTO

It all depends on what side of the bed the customs officer got out of bed that morning (they can be very fickle) and whether you're prepared to answer his/her questions honestly.
If you declare you're bringing in foodstuffs it is likely they'll be confiscated or the products opened to ensure no drugs. If you don't declare and customs decide to search your luggage and the foodstuffs are discovered then prepare yourself for a possible full body cavity search (just joshing, I think). Lying to them is not recommended although many/most do it.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:14 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
But marmelade and Bisto in all its glorious forms are so easily found here at the regular supermarket?

Not in this part of the world! My Mum sends me the stuff when I run out. Last time she asked if I needed some more, I did say - don't worry Mum, I've got to get used to the local stuff at some point. Bless her a box arrived last week
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I thinks its "Bisto Best" thats a real problem as it say "with real meat flavor.
Ooh, I never knew that. Any packages I have bought have not had any meat products ....
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:41 am

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: anyone had problems bringing in BISTO

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Not in this part of the world! My Mum sends me the stuff when I run out. Last time she asked if I needed some more, I did say - don't worry Mum, I've got to get used to the local stuff at some point. Bless her a box arrived last week
Oh thanks for that Piff Poff, i really miss Bisto Best Gravy and haven't asked anyone to send it in a parcel coz i didn't think they would let it in!!!!! I know what's going on my next list!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:03 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

i have brought jaffa cakes in for an expat

You can buy them in drugmart but well expensive, just miss my Bisto, but a kind expat has asked her next vistor to bring me some, inc paxo

ANYONE THAT THINKS OF HIGHJACKING HER WILL HAVE THE LETHBRIDGE GIRLS AT THEM :curse::curse:
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:20 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

no problems taking in bisto, but had my haggis confiscated had to laugh - the reason the guy gave was mad cow disease and bird flu - it's made with blimin lamb.

any time I've declared that I've had foodstuff I've had to show them what it is. one time did see a guy who didn't declare he had food - had a whole case of stuff including weird pickled meat and stuff - he was getting yelled at big time by the customs people and i think got a fine as well.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

we landed last week and I had 6 pots of bisto in my cases and I stocked up on Jaffa cakes in the duty free shop. WH Smiths at Gatwick had an offer on.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by beeginger
we are going to a wedding back in the uk in April and obviously want to bring back some goodies like marmalade and Bisto.

i know we can buy it here but at the import shop its soooooo expensive its a luxury.

so has anyone had problems bringing back british stuff ????
My parents sent me a food parcel at xmas of stuff i miss. Bisto was in the parcel, so no probs getting it in the country
All visitors that have come over since we have been here have also brought us Bisto, sweets,cheese, crisps etc etc with no probs.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

Originally Posted by ali-simon
we landed last week and I had 6 pots of bisto in my cases and I stocked up on Jaffa cakes in the duty free shop. WH Smiths at Gatwick had an offer on.
did u declare them ??
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

I bought Oxo cubes in every variety with me when I landed as wasn't sure whether they had them here or not. Also bought two bottles of Robinsons squash and Paxo. Didn't declare anything as I didn't realise I had to
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:21 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
no problems taking in bisto, but had my haggis confiscated had to laugh - the reason the guy gave was mad cow disease and bird flu - it's made with blimin lamb.

any time I've declared that I've had foodstuff I've had to show them what it is. one time did see a guy who didn't declare he had food - had a whole case of stuff including weird pickled meat and stuff - he was getting yelled at big time by the customs people and i think got a fine as well.
I saw a woman caught caught with a salami at Pearson. She was shot.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Just a side note for anyone planning a trip across the border camping this summer - make sure you don't stock up on beef or citrus. They will check your fridge.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Just stick it in your suit case and no one will know.

Christ, I'm planning on asking the in-laws to put a small cool bag in theirs so they can bring me some sausages!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:21 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jericho

Christ, I'm planning on asking the in-laws to put a small cool bag in theirs so they can bring me some sausages!
Jesus!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:25 pm

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: anyone had problems bringing in BISTO

Originally Posted by jericho

Sounds like a plan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.