Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone gone to canada on their own with two kids and DH to follow??

Wikiposts

Anyone gone to canada on their own with two kids and DH to follow??

Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

West-is-best has a spectacular aura aboutWest-is-best has a spectacular aura aboutWest-is-best has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone gone to canada on their own with two kids and DH to follow??

Hi.

I should be coming to Canada by september and DH has to stay behind. I know everyones situations are different but mine is that DH is on a contract in Dubai that ends in October and I have to come to Canada on my own to begin with as I am the principle applicant.

Has anyone done this themselves and how did they find it? (other than very tough) What can I expect to be the hardest thing to accomplish?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:45 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone gone to canada on their own with two kids and DH to follow??

Originally Posted by West-is-best
Hi.

I should be coming to Canada by september and DH has to stay behind. I know everyones situations are different but mine is that DH is on a contract in Dubai that ends in October and I have to come to Canada on my own to begin with as I am the principle applicant.

Has anyone done this themselves and how did they find it? (other than very tough) What can I expect to be the hardest thing to accomplish?
Just wanted to say hello. I know lots of people have done this - hopefully someone will be along soon to answer your questions
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:00 am
Just Joined

West-is-best has a spectacular aura aboutWest-is-best has a spectacular aura aboutWest-is-best has a spectacular aura about

It looks like we may be going to nova scotia
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:21 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by West-is-best
It looks like we may be going to nova scotia
You can pop round for a cup of tea then ! Any ideas where?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Not at present. I am waiting for the LMO to come back and then it will be all guns blazing. I will take you up that cuppa. I will probably need it

Will be working in Halifax and will look at the suburbs so will be looking for a friendly face. Will keep you posted
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

When you get a better idea of when you are arriving perhaps a few of us can meet up with you. Many of us have kids who could come too on a weekend or if it is March break when you are here. How old are your children?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Hi my kids will be 11 and 13 when I finally make it over.

Thank you so much for the offer and having some help would be really useful. My kids will certainly enjoy getting their feet under the proverbial table so to speak. Fingers crossed I will know in the next couple of months
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

My kids are 8 and 13 (boys) so not too different. We are on the Eastern Shore (as is Amydavid) so let us know when you know where you will be staying.