Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute
Default for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

anyone who is not happy in canada, please feel free to express your feelings, we have been there and done it and we will not attack you. Your views are very much important to us so please feel free to express yourself without being attacked
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for anyone genuinely not happy in canda

'Without being attacked'?!? Given the names you've called people who have disagreed with you (for which you have been warned on more than one occasion), this strikes me as a tad hypocritical!

Of course people are more than welcome to post their opinions on this site, and people are entitled to disagree with those opinions. As long as they don't break site rules, people can post what they like. And if any do break site rules and venture in to personal abuse or similar, then all people need to do is report the post and we'll take any action we deem to be necessary.

Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:00 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt, but took the pills. now I am
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

I feel the forum trolls approaching with bait like this post.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LandC
They used to burn em did they not...or was that witches?...A tad harsh I concede
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:23 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I wasnt, but took the pills. now I am :

I think I need some of those pills this week.

Recent life events have caught up with me I think

Good to hear you are feeling better though
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:34 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgjamison
anyone who is not happy in canada, please feel free to express your feelings, we have been there and done it and we will not attack you. Your views are very much important to us so please feel free to express yourself without being attacked
So why are others views "very much important to you?" Are you seeking vindication for your position/opinions on living in Canada?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
They used to burn em did they not...or was that witches?...A tad harsh I concede
Oh i don't know
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
'Without being attacked'?!? Given the names you've called people who have disagreed with you (for which you have been warned on more than one occasion), this strikes me as a tad hypocritical!

Of course people are more than welcome to post their opinions on this site, and people are entitled to disagree with those opinions. As long as they don't break site rules, people can post what they like. And if any do break site rules and venture in to personal abuse or similar, then all people need to do is report the post and we'll take any action we deem to be necessary.

"without being attacked" that expression was said to me by people who are afraid to say anything on this forum for fear of being well attacked verbably because things are not working for them. I thought the expat set up was to help people who need encourgement, or advise, I find that is not the case in many cases here, if someone says things are not working out I really find a lot of sneering and unhelpful remarks flying between the dedicated few here. I don't think I am alone in my thinking. If you check the other forum, returning to the uk, they are so supportive of each other, even for those that returned to the country they left, it is heart warming, that is what this should be all about, If you find me hypocritical there is nothing I can do about that, this is me warts and all
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to post in any other thread too.

Canadas a big country, there is plenty of room for people to have different experiences here and develop different opinions.

Because I like it here doesnt make me blind to the fact that other people will have had different expereinces and opinions, and I will defend their right to express them.

What I have a problem with is anyone who takes personal pops at people for expressing their views, or people who post in great sweeping generalisations as if their opinion is the only possible one thats right and that its impossible for anyone to have the temerity to disagree with their opinion. I also think it wise to give it some time here before leaping to any hasty conclusions.

If you think people are out of order and not playing by the rules, then report the post, thats why there are mods here. We will take a look and decide if it was personal abuse, or a joke gone wrong, or simple miscommunication and try and ensure that there is room here for all voices to be heard.

Turning threads into a slanging match does not help get the point you want to make across, to me it it just makes a poster look small minded and incapable of understanding that other people may have had different experiences.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 29th 2010 at 12:59 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
So why are others views "very much important to you?" Are you seeking vindication for your position/opinions on living in Canada?
No and as I said before, I loved Canada when I lived here before, with my family, I personally left it too late to return, and I really enjoy hearing from other people when things have worked for them. I also have seen the changes and realise that it is so much harder for new imigrants now than it was for us, and a lot of people are finding it very hard, they are the ones who should not be afraid to say what they feel on here, and I and I know others feel they cannot voice their opinion without being abused, that is not right, I find it strange that it's not Canadians but british people who are doing this to their own, we all can't be lucky enough to fall on our feet in a new country.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I was 'genuinely not happy in Canada' when I stubbed my toe. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I was very unhappy.

Damn this frozen hell-hole.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iaink
Feel free to post in any other thread too.

Canadas a big country, there is plenty of room for people to have different experiences here and develop different opinions.

Because I like it here doesnt make me blind to the fact that other people will have had different expereinces and opinions, and I will defend their right to express them.

What I have a problem with is anyone who takes personal pops at people for expressing their views, or people who post in great sweeping generalisations as if their opinion is the only possible one thats right and that its impossible for anyone to have the temerity to disagree with their opinion. I also think it wise to give it some time here before leaping to any hasty conclusions.

If you think people are out of order and not playing by the rules, then report the post, thats why there are mods here. We will take a look and decide if it was personal abuse, or a joke gone wrong, or simple miscommunication and try and ensure that there is room here for all voices to be heard.

Turning threads into a slanging match does not help get the point you want to make across, to me it it just makes a poster look small minded and incapable of understanding that other people may have had different experiences.
I will, it is something I am not used to doing, running to report someone, but I suppose thats the way things are done so will in future
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:12 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Mods - is this thread in the correct forum?

From the title it appears it should be in the Italy forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canda

I think I would be quite happy there, though with a population of 958 it looks rather quiet.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I wasnt, but took the pills. now I am
Save some for the rest of us

Originally Posted by LandC
this thread reminds me of something i saw earlier ?

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I think I need some of those pills this week.

Recent life events have caught up with me I think

Good to hear you are feeling better though
They catch up with us when we least expect it, take care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.