Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone find the work environment odd in Canada?

Anyone find the work environment odd in Canada?

Old Jul 26th 2023, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone find the work environment odd in Canada?

Really depends. I think this is common when you're starting out in your career or new to Canada because you're still having to prove yourself. However after a few years experience you can start to set boundaries and also find better jobs that don't require that.

At my last job I always had to be on call and work weekends, at my new one it's just 8am-4pm Mon-Fri and my boss is super chill. I get 4 weeks vacation as well.

My wife also now has a few years under her belt in her role and now in her new job was able to negotiate for 3 weeks vacation and also leaves the office right at 4pm too.

So yeah it's really about building up that kind of respect and making sure the company recognizes your abilities and talent.

I do feel 4 weeks vacation should be the federal minimum though, an easy winning ticket for the NDP that they continue to ignore.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Jul 26th 2023 at 4:17 pm.