Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?

Wikiposts

Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?

Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:53 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Mayhap we should start a thread "Is anyone else massively appreciative of Canada?"

Well you won't see me chipping in on that one... No chance
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:09 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Mayhap we should start a thread "Is anyone else massively appreciative of Canada?"

I guess you'd have to be emigrating with the expectation to be massively disappointed to start with. That might help.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:47 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah- it is called the majority of posts in the Canniversary forum
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I guess you'd have to be emigrating with the expectation to be massively disappointed to start with. That might help.
I think some of them do!

Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:21 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I do appreciate the poster for posting her view. Contrasting views help those of us considering the move and highlight things we may not like. However I was finding it quite depressing to read!

Then I read what you wrote. What a beautiful life you must lead, I'm envious! Thank you for writing this as it brought back all of the excitement I lost while reading through all of these pages!

Whilst I like most enjoy cities for a day, the thought of living in one for me is horrible. I have visited London and whilst I enjoyed the visits, I am definitely happy I don't life there.
The thought of seeing all that wildlife and being so close to the mountains and wilderness sounds great to me!
Just to draw you over- you do need a job here which isnt always easy but some visitors to our garden . Snoop and I share a kennel in case you may not have sussed I take the snaps of the critters usually

The sandier/redder coloured black bear in the 2nd and last photo helped clean up the garden clippings- I was out there but saw her coming up from the lake through the edge of the neighbouring prov park, the middle darker one was sat on a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground happily scoffing our grapes. They visited about a month apart.

The eagle.. well, what can one say? just a beautiful bird at the top of one of our trees.
Probably boring as crap to the likes of numerous posters within the thread- How the hell could we want to spend more than 7 years in such a beautiful place? Everyone needs to find what they like- certainly for the foreseeable future we are staying put and loving it here in our little patch of Canadian paradise-
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-ponderosa-mature-eagle.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-wildlife-2-2.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-wildlife-5.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-wildlife-5-2.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
...the middle darker one was sat on a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground happily scoffing our grapes...
Did it bruin your chances of making some wine?
Old Jan 29th 2016, 12:09 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Just to draw you over- you do need a job here which isnt always easy but some visitors to our garden . Snoop and I share a kennel in case you may not have sussed I take the snaps of the critters usually

The sandier/redder coloured black bear in the 2nd and last photo helped clean up the garden clippings- I was out there but saw her coming up from the lake through the edge of the neighbouring prov park, the middle darker one was sat on a garden pergola about 7 feet off the ground happily scoffing our grapes. They visited about a month apart.

The eagle.. well, what can one say? just a beautiful bird at the top of one of our trees.
Probably boring as crap to the likes of numerous posters within the thread- How the hell could we want to spend more than 7 years in such a beautiful place? Everyone needs to find what they like- certainly for the foreseeable future we are staying put and loving it here in our little patch of Canadian paradise-
I love your pictures!
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:32 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I love your pictures!
Aww
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:38 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I love your pictures!
In the interests of a balanced perspective.
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-sceniccan.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-scenic2.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-lovleycan.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-4349954465_095b1c8b00.jpg   Is anyone else massively disappointed in Canada?-jewel.jpg  

Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Be fair!
The Sears toilet is being renovated and improved by Nordstrom
Even Canadians recognise shit architecture ( sometimes )
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:51 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
You'd have to wait till their children could give them an honest answer. After all that is who most people move for.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I suppose it should Americans recognizing Canadian shit architecture!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:55 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snoopdawg
Be fair!
The Sears toilet is being renovated and improved by Nordstrom
Even Canadians recognise shit architecture ( sometimes )
But that ugly electrical spaghetti that blights the city is still here. For naffs sake, that technology was phased out in the 1950s in the UK.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:56 am
I need a walk

But I'm sure that there is a cougar in the third picture

And now show a few nice views from your boat on a sunny glorious blue sky BC day to balance your balance

I'm sure that is Wolverhampton shopping arcade in the last phto

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jan 29th 2016 at 4:00 am.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 3:57 am
I need a walk

But that ugly electrical spaghetti that blights the city is still here. For naffs sake, that technology was phased out in the 1950s in the UK.
That is tram cabling isn't it?? All the rage again in Manchester, Bolton Bury and other towns and cities again- Trams are de rigeur again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.