Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone done a Canadian Bonfire night???

Anyone done a Canadian Bonfire night???

Old Nov 11th 2009, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

jan the piglet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone done a Canadian Bonfire night???

We celebrate it - especially as our 12 year old daughter was born on Nov 5th and she thought that all of Britain celebrated her birthday with fireworks -awww. (we still have the bonfire intact this year as it was too warm and dry to light it).
We can't get over how Canadians are so macabre and spend what seems to be more time on Hallowe'en than Christmas.
We have enlightened some of them to the story of Guy Fawkes and they think that OUR traditions are more gory!!!!!
funny
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
I also remember splitting them apart to make bigger BANGS! Also getting a clip round the ear by a policeman for sending off said bigger BANGS.
Originally Posted by Steve_P
I remember taking a length of half inch copper pipe flattening one end with a rock and bending over the flattened end to make a handle.

Placing a lit banger down the open end followed by a small ball bearing or rock and aiming at anything breakable that was handy.
Originally Posted by mandymoochops

Why do guys find this sort of stuff hilarious

My husband his brothers used to mix fireworks and a few other conconctions to make bombs explode in the local park. And not necessarily for Bonfire night either.

All good clean fun for a group of young men of Irish catholic heritage growing up in 1970's London. How they weren't hauled off for questioning, I don't know ....
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:32 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
My husband his brothers used to mix fireworks and a few other conconctions to make bombs explode in the local park. And not necessarily for Bonfire night either.

All good clean fun for a group of young men of Irish catholic heritage growing up in 1970's London. How they weren't hauled off for questioning, I don't know ....
LOLOL
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

kate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant futurekate holt has a brilliant future

Lewes Bonfire night 2009 have progressed from rookies to shipping flares...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S13gGwFmXA