Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

anyone changed jobs while on a TWP??

anyone changed jobs while on a TWP??

Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all
Default anyone changed jobs while on a TWP??

hi there,

has anyone changed jobs while on a TWP??

i understand you have to apply for another TWP. If you were to get another LMO and job offer, could you fly out and in again and receive another TWP at airport??

cheers, Grant
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:06 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone changed jobs while on a TWP??

Originally Posted by grantanddebs
hi there,

i understand you have to apply for another TWP. If you were to get another LMO and job offer, could you fly out and in again and receive another TWP at airport??

cheers, Grant
Hi - my OH did it.

Yes you could - as long as you have all the relevant paper work.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

grantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to allgrantanddebs is a name known to all

did he have to leave the country to do it?
also my partner has an open WP. will she be affected in any way?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 10:32 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

did he have to leave the country to do it?
also my partner has an open WP. will she be affected in any way?
No - we drove to St Stephen in NB, stayed overnight in the US and came back through with no problems - much friendlier in NB than they were in Vancouver.....

I had an OWP linked to his original TWP - so it had to be replaced it when he got another TWP.

If she is working on her OWP now, she can continue to work on it until you get your new TWP. Your TWP will just convert into a visitors visa (ie you can't work) whilst you wait for a new LMO to come through.

Don't you like your new job?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

its going fine, but ive had another company wanting me to work for them. not sure what to do
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Warren Green is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,

cheers, Grant
Hi Grant if you want to change jobs you must get a new Lmo once you do that you just have to go for a change of status and dont have to leave the country as long as its a smooth transition

Warren
Old Aug 18th 2008, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Warren Green
Hi Grant if you want to change jobs you must get a new Lmo once you do that you just have to go for a change of status and dont have to leave the country as long as its a smooth transition

Warren
What is a change of status??
Old Aug 18th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

I did it about 2 years ago when the scum bags that I was working for at the time decided to close down the Candian operation. Had a day trip to Seattle and applied for new WP at Calgary airport on the way back. As long as you have the new LMO and supporting documents you should be OK, although standing in line at the immigration desk was nerve racking.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
What is a change of status??
Its a form you would send to your llacal Service Canada Processing centre, they would issue the new LMO

Warren
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:51 pm

Its a form you would send to your llacal Service Canada Processing centre, they would issue the new LMO

Warren
And what does it do?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

And what does it do?

Exactly what it says changes your status

Warren
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:09 pm

Exactly what it says changes your status

Warren
But you don't need to fill in a form to change your status - it is just changed automatically.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

But you don't need to fill in a form to change your status - it is just changed automatically.
Ha I only wish you lhave submitt new job offer from new employer as well as new labour market opinion
Warren
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:16 pm

Ha I only wish you lhave submitt new job offer from new employer as well as new labour market opinion
Warren
When my OH resigned from one job and then found another and we went along to the POE we only took the new contract and the new LMO - we did not have to fill in a change of status form and such form was never mentioned to us.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

When my OH resigned from one job and then found another and we went along to the POE we only took the new contract and the new LMO - we did not have to fill in a change of status form and such form was never mentioned to us.
This for a planned change of jobs so you dont have to go to POE this elimates that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.