Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone booked with Globespan?

Anyone booked with Globespan?

Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone booked with Globespan?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8417183.stm
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone booked with Globespan?

No but reading the article there are "However, a further 3,400 people are overseas and are not protected, who booked directly through flyglobespan.com".

Not what you want to hear on the run up to christmas.
I always use Canadian affair and a visa.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:03 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Its sad news at any time of yr. Im off to spain on saturday with easyjet. Flights gone £300 since this morning but unfair
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:07 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

That's the problem with these charter flight companies they can go bust easily. I always book with BA at least you're are assured your flight won't be cancelled, especially over busy times, like Christmas.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishwildcat
Flights gone £300 since this morning but unfair
Why? Fairness has nothing to do with it, it is market forces. The problem is flights are too cheap, costs go up, airlines make no money, go out of business. Pretty basic economics. The price increase your see is more likley the lower priced seats are sold out due to high demand and this is the next fare class.

What is really unfair is I buy lottery tickets each week and don't win!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wooglin is an unknown quantity at this point

My travel agent told me never to fly Globespan. They flew out of my city airport in Hamilton Ontario. The agent mentioned that they had a spotty safety record, and she would not refer her clients to them at all. Go with the bigger ones if you need to get there on time....or there at all!!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:19 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That's the problem with these charter flight companies they can go bust easily. I always book with BA at least you're are assured your flight won't be cancelled, especially over busy times, like Christmas.
Wait for it..................
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Phew... we flew with them for our first recce trip in September. Didn't think they were that great, but we're heading out again in March and I was going to look at them as an option. I'm very relieved that a/. they didn't go bust in the Autumn and b/. I hadn't made any bookings for the spring yet!

Shame though, they had the only direct route Glasgow-Halifax I think. It was nice not to have to change flights for once...
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:51 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's working out well isn't it.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:59 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Yeah, that's working out well isn't it.
Bingo