Default Anyone from Barrie?

moving in january and looking to chat with people from the area
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

sandgrounder 07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from Barrie?

Originally Posted by sandgrounder 07
moving in january and looking to chat with people from the area

is there no one in Barrie then??? seems i'm moving to a non british expats ghost town

Is There Any LFC supporters out there? or people into the music scene? we went in july and they seemed to be quite into music and the live band scene
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:05 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Hi soundgrounder

We will be living in wasaga beach which is about 3/4hr away from where you are welcome to the forum

steve
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:19 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

http://www.thornbury.net/

About one hour North of barrie, 30 minutes from Wasaga, one step from Heaven.

Barrie is a bustling, growiung city, many opportunities for low cost housing in smaller communities around it.

You had better like Snow.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

also in Wasaga Beach, but Steve is obviously out of the driving Miss Daisy school, Barrie is 30 mins away. Also a Liverpool supporter. We were originally going to settle in Barrie but Wasaga Beach was more appealing for us. I can recommend a great Realtor in Barrie.

Chris

Last edited by cneldred; Nov 17th 2007 at 2:16 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:55 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cneldred
also in Wasaga Beach, but Steve is obviously out of the driving Miss Daisy school, Barrie is 30 mins away. Also a Liverpool supporter. We were originally going to settle in Barrie but Wasaga Beach was more appealing for us. I can recommend a great Realtor in Barrie.

Chris
HAHA very funny , and i won't hold it against you that you are a liverpool supporter everyone has flaws LOL

steve
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve, bring you snow boots...was snowing all of yesterday but only got just over an inch. They were forecasting 10-20cm, someone clearly nicked the extra. Had to go to Barrie in the middle of the night due to an emergency with our dog and they looked to have it a bit worse there. Mind you the other week we had a like dusting here and Barrie got dumped with about 5 inches, the 400 was carnage.

Chris
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Chris
many thanks we visited wasaga on our last trip over in july we opted for barrie as wasaga seemed little bit quite but very very nice i guess especially in the summer, what made you settle on wasaga?

nice one about LFC is there any other local meeting places/fan clubs re Liverpool ?

would love to hear more from you

ta
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:00 pm
spring is coming yeha

Steve, bring you snow boots...was snowing all of yesterday but only got just over an inch. They were forecasting 10-20cm, someone clearly nicked the extra.

Chris
Damm Kids stealing the extra, we saw collingwood was -11 this morning, oh and you know you offered to do anything that we needed, can you shovel the drive for me LOL

steve
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

There is a massive Liverpool supporters club in Toronto, ex players make regular appearances i believe.

I work from home via the internet therefore location isn't a problem for us. Value for money you get a boatload more in Wasaga, plus it is growing the plans for here are huge, the summer equivalent of Collingwood. Which was another attraction, to have the beach here but Collingwood 15km's away means the best of both worlds. Barrie just seemed too industrialised in a lot of parts to me, and it was development after development of identical houses with small lots.

This is the development where my family, plus KatyM and CanadaBound have brought. www.democrathomes.ca , Wasaga Sands.

Steve. yeah guess again!!

All the best

Chris
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steved61
Hi soundgrounder

We will be living in wasaga beach which is about 3/4hr away from where you are welcome to the forum

steve
cheers Steve , so i guess theres a strong wasaga contigent out there tell me what i'm missing about wasaga? it does seem lovely but are there decent job ops in that area etc??
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

What line of work are you in? Also Andy (Canadabound) lives here and commutes to the GTA daily. Quality of life and all, have a look at property prices here, it will surprise you. They recently opened a Wallmart, Canadian Tire, Marks Work in town, plans going in for a big hotel development on beach 1. More stores in the pipeline, plus plenty of job opportunities in Barrie. To do a test drive round a load of developments in Barrie and then drive around Wasaga and see what pace of life you prefer, thats what we did and Wasaga won hands down.

If you want to read about our journey and why we are in Wasaga read my website the link should be in the signature.

Chris

Last edited by cneldred; Nov 17th 2007 at 4:16 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

What line of work are you in? Also Andy (Canadabound) lives here and commutes to the GTA daily. Quality of life and all, have a look at property prices here, it will surprise you. They recently opened a Wallmart, Canadian Tire, Marks Work in town, plans going in for a big hotel development on beach 1. More stores in the pipeline, plus plenty of job opportunities in Barrie. To do a test drive round a load of developments in Barrie and then drive around Wasaga and see what pace of life you prefer, thats what we did and Wasaga won hands down.

If you want to read about our journey and what why we are in Wasaga read my website the link should be in the signature.

Chris
both me and my wife are presently in banking jobs me an assistant manager my wife as a personal banker our son is thinking of applying to the OPP after we arrive
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steved61
Damm Kids stealing the extra, we saw collingwood was -11 this morning, oh and you know you offered to do anything that we needed, can you shovel the drive for me LOL

steve
so tell me a bit more about collingwood we have never ventured out to there
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:28 pm
spring is coming yeha

Originally Posted by sandgrounder 07
so tell me a bit more about collingwood we have never ventured out to there
collingwood is a nice town, used to have ship yard, now closed, it is now changing to a tourist town, good ski hills there, we found though that house prices were more expensive for what you got thats why we chose the beach (OH was born in collingwood),

I have just been told by other half looks like i put 3 - 4hours to barrie i meant 45mins

steve

PS chris you did say anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.