Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anybody happy in Canada?

Anybody happy in Canada?

Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody happy in Canada?

Originally Posted by Boy d
well, she started it
Would you believe I DONT CARE.

Youve been posting here long enough to know not to rise to the bait.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:36 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Would you believe I DONT CARE.

Youve been posting here long enough to know not to rise to the bait.
well one had to have something to do on a boring monday looking for reasons to not do the list of house hold chores that Mrs boy d has left me
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

well one had to have something to do on a boring monday looking for reasons to not do the list of house hold chores that Mrs boy d has left me
Trust me, get on with the honeydo list, it will be win-win
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:39 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

not sure what neccesistated the deletion of that post, ...did the referrence to 25 k posts hit a nerve with you also?

No doubt you will send me to my room for 2 weeks...or worse
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:10 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I am happy here in Canada.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Get one of those Swiffers, they'll make you happy. Swiffering is the only housework I do.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
Get one of those Swiffers, they'll make you happy. Swiffering is the only housework I do.
Bugger that. I was looking at Roomba's this weekend. They are, IMO, the way forward and would certainly suction one of those dainty little stick and hanky combos into oblivion.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Bugger that. I was looking at Roomba's this weekend. They are, IMO, the way forward and would certainly suction one of those dainty little stick and hanky combos into oblivion.
I don't do the floor one, just the hand held. Jolly good fun they are too. Those Roombas look good although I'm not sure how they would work on a hard wood floor with area rugs.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:08 pm

I don't do the floor one, just the hand held. Jolly good fun they are too. Those Roombas look good although I'm not sure how they would work on a hard wood floor with area rugs.
Sadly, after pouring over the box in the shop, I can confirm that they somehow know when they are on carpet or hardwood. They just magically know....
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:12 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

While applaud your dedication I can't share your enthusiasm. Now if it was some sort of hot and spicy chicken wing obsession I could see your point. I had some the other day that had been marinated in a bbq rub and then fried and tossed in a super hot sweet chilli sauce. The combination was rather sublime.
Is that the new 'fix' after your sudden seperation from The Keg?

I went through a hot wings phase in the Autumn. It began in St.Louis with "Suicide". Then they released "Hot as Hell'.

In persuit of something greater my search took me to Duffs and "Armagedon". The claim there was that some one has eaten 56. I once ate 35 wings in Hooters and was stuffed so the guy must have been huge and also dead from stomach burn.

Burned intestines and numerous diarhea's later I discovered that during my quest for the hottest wings in the city the answer had been under my nose the whole time.

Unlisted on the menu in the bar in my Lobby (you have to ask) they offer "Adam's No refund wings". I managed just 3! Two chums from Blighty took a bite and they were done. Apparently they are cooked using some extremely hot pepper picked up in China town of Spadina.

Been on a wings detox ever since. Stuck to Honey Garlic and the like. My arse and indeed work colleagues are a little more grateful.

Last edited by JamesM; Feb 13th 2012 at 6:17 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:12 pm

Sadly, after pouring over the box in the shop, I can confirm that they somehow know when they are on carpet or hardwood. They just magically know....
Well that puts a different spin on it. I might just have to look into one as it might be a good stop gap measure between the proper cleaning.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:13 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here for the foreseeable future. Generally happy here.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM
Is that the new 'fix' after your sudden seperation from The Keg?

I went through a hot wings phase in the Autumn. It began in St.Louis with "Suicide". Then they released "Hot as Hell'.

In persuit of something greater my search took me to Duffs and "Armagedon". The claim there was that some one has eaten 56. I once ate 35 wings in Hooters and was stuffed so the guy must have been huge and also dead from stomach burn.

Burned intestines and numerous diarhea's later I discovered that during my quest for the hottest wings in the city the answer had been under my nose the whole time.

Unlisted on the menu in the bar in my Lobby (you have to ask) they offer "Adam's No refund wings". I managed just 3! Two chums from Blighty took a bite and they were done. Apparently they cooked using some extremely hot pepper picked up in China town of Spadina.

Been on kind've a wings detox ever since. Stuck to Honey Garlic and the like. My arse and indeed work colleagues are a little more grateful.
Going after the hottest of hot is amateur stuff. One must transcend the quest for extreme and seek the sublime in the subtlety of flavours.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:30 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Had one for ages and they're ace
Old Feb 13th 2012, 6:31 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

They work just as well on hard or soft surfaces
My only real issue has been that they drive my wife crazy when it runs, it uses a rough fuzzy logic to clean the floor, the result is it seems to randomly go anywhere and may do the same place twice.
My advice is not to be in the house when it runs!
…and not to use one when you have pets in the house with it, I’ve been informed it can’t tell when it hits sh1t and will drive around and spread it everywhere…
The downsides are the batteries are expensive if you don’t keep them charged, but they last about 2 yrs if you do charge them regularly. They do need a good clean every year to get the dust out of the sensors, so you need to be brave with a screwdriver and a can of air, otherwise the sensors start to misread and it start to do funny things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.