Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any tips on where to stay Nanaimo/Tofino?

Any tips on where to stay Nanaimo/Tofino?

Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice
Default Any tips on where to stay Nanaimo/Tofino?

Hi,

We fancy a short break to VI - and if the cat sitter is available - plan to pop over later this week.

We haven't been to Nanaimo or Tofino for a while and hoped some of you might have some recent recommendations of hotels/motels/B&Bs?

Cheers

Nic
Old Apr 10th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any tips on where to stay Nanaimo/Tofino?

There is a website called trip advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com which is so useful when planning a vacation/break. This website will have specific recommendations on where to stay, what to do etc.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:49 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I stayed here http://www.middlebeach.com/about.htm a couple of months ago, and had a wonderful time. Highly recommend it.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 5:52 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R I C H
I stayed here http://www.middlebeach.com/about.htm a couple of months ago, and had a wonderful time. Highly recommend it.
We stayed here Pacific Sands Resort last September also had a wonderful visit. A little more expensive than Middle Beach but they're all pretty expensive up that way.

We've also stayed here Tide's In Bed & Breakfast in the past and it was excellent, great breakfasts.

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

JimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really niceJimandNic is just really nice

Thanks Steve_P and RICH - they all look so good!

Nic
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hey RICH thanks for posting this link.
i checked it out and it looks fantastic. my kind of place..
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:40 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

It was a really homely place - big log fires, huge squishy sofas to relax in, and the sound and smell of the ocean to enjoy.

I stayed 3 nights there on business and want to take my OH back for a weekend break. They cater for dogs and there are lovely beach walks, great surfing and lots to do nearby.

I'd highly recommend the restaurant food, and they have a great selection of wines too.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

tom5sk is on a distinguished road

we stayed in tofino at red crow. www.tofinoredcrow.com

Two options in the house B&B or a separate cottage in the grounds self catering which we had. About a mile or so from centre of Tofino. Very relaxing
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JimandNic
Hi,

We fancy a short break to VI - and if the cat sitter is available - plan to pop over later this week.

We haven't been to Nanaimo or Tofino for a while and hoped some of you might have some recent recommendations of hotels/motels/B&Bs?

Cheers

Nic
We stayed at Wylp Gybuu (the Wolf Hut)...really nice food, great view from the breakfast room, nice rooms and nice people.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

It was a really homely place - big log fires, huge squishy sofas to relax in, and the sound and smell of the ocean to enjoy.

I stayed 3 nights there on business and want to take my OH back for a weekend break. They cater for dogs and there are lovely beach walks, great surfing and lots to do nearby.

I'd highly recommend the restaurant food, and they have a great selection of wines too.

We are staying at the Middle Beach Lodge in June this year. Lokking forward to it. I have heard lots of good things about this place.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Avidacsr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JimandNic
Hi,

Cheers

Nic
We had a nice stay at the Tinwis, geat rooms, views, just walk out your room onto the beach, food not so good, so try the resturant next to the main jetty in Tofino, forgot the name, (it's next to the 1st Nations arts shop).
Old Apr 11th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

hi

we have booked this for our family this year near tofino, zoe has been really helpfull
http://www.zoesatnorthbeach.com/

good luck its a cool place
book surfing lessons at surf sisters
Old Apr 11th 2007, 9:14 pm
Who? Me?

Tam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really nice

We have stayed in Tofino three times and each time at Himwitsa Lodge.

www.himwitsa.com

Room three is best, although each sea view room has a hot-tub on the balcony..... perfect after a day out site seeing. The views are smply stunning from your bed you can look out over the Pacific to Mears Island. Definatey one of the highlights of our honeymoon was sharing a bottle of red wine in the hottub with the sea only a few yards away and a full moon over the bay...it was simply magical. I can't reccomend the rooms enough.

The Sea Shanty sea food resturant directly below the lodges is arguably the best in Tofino.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the recommendations we have had great fun checking them all out - I just lurve holidays!!!

- we've booked 4 nights at the middle beach lodge - and we set off tomorrow.

They have a spring special going on until middle of June for $89+tax per night including breakfast - bit of a bargain! - not ocean facing rooms - but who cares.