Wikiposts

any scotties?

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any scotties?

Hi jordana,

Yup, I let her loose on the Royal Mile back in 2004. I've never seen a camera work so hard! lololol

In my wife's opinion, the Scottish Borders/Lake District reminds her of home, here in the Okanagan Valley, BC. On a future trip over, I fully intend to show her more of the places I know, but North of Scotland will be the focus of areas to cover. (may even throw in visits to Striling, Perth & Dundee ... although the west coast is a must)

All the best.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
There's a poster here who claims in his blog to have discovered Canadian Heinz Baked Beans equivalent to the UK version.
http://britishexpats.com/blogs/Whelb...5/Eureka!.html
I picked up a tin tonight in Fortinos. IMO, they are not the same as the UK version, but I would say that they are the best I have tasted here thus far, and I have been here 10 years.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:33 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Just because I am a nosey so and so.......... which part of Aberdeen or shire are my old locals from?

I grew up and went to Hilton Academy, the moved bought a flat in Rosemount, married then moved to Bridge of Don, then spent 6 years in Blackburn, Aberdeenshire before heading here 3 years ago

Went home for 8 days last year and had a blast - even though I had only been away for 2 years, the traffic was a bit overwhelming, so were the new apartment buildings that had gone up (especially around the beach area). I got one heck of a shock to see that Tesco had another floor on top

It felt strange to be out and about in the city and not constantly banging into people I knew because that is what I am used to now. I felt lost in the crowds and a bit of a 'nobody'. Maybe that says more about city versus town living though.

I am planning a wee trip back within the next few years and will be taking my 15 year old with me because he still supports AFC and wants to go to a game, He is obviously a glutton for punishment lol
Old Apr 4th 2010, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Thistle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am from Edinburgh but currently residing in the Highlands. Heading out to Victoria in the summer
Old Apr 4th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future

currently Dunfermline fingers crossed Ontario in next two years...

Had sausage on plain bread this morning...and i got the end slice.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 12:42 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neillybhoy
currently Dunfermline fingers crossed Ontario in next two years...

Had sausage on plain bread this morning...and i got the end slice.
You can do that in Ontario, at least where I live.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thistle
Hi

I am from Edinburgh but currently residing in the Highlands. Heading out to Victoria in the summer
... you're giving up The Scottish Highlands for Victoria??? .... ye wannae gee yer heed a shake!!!

(okay, if they have Square Sausage and Broon Sauce, it's a fare exchange)

Awe thi best!
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Thistle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SivoxII
... you're giving up The Scottish Highlands for Victoria??? .... ye wannae gee yer heed a shake!!!

(okay, if they have Square Sausage and Broon Sauce, it's a fare exchange)

Awe thi best!
Cheers

I am looking forward to getting some sun in the summer instead of three months of rain. Can live without the square sausage
Old Apr 5th 2010, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

ScottishJen is an unknown quantity at this point

From Largs/Edinburgh, heading to Toronto in a few months!
I have lots of relations from Aberdeen who moved to Oshawa, ON and Moose Jaw, SK over the years and they have met a fair few Scots there.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:19 am
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough

originally from Glasgow, now just north of Calgary and LOVIN IT!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 3:22 am
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Lockerbie growing up, then Glasgow for University and a few years after. Now Calgary.

Wife was Callander and Glasgow.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:34 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

If you want some understanding as to why Scots are here in abundance (perhaps over-abundance) one should read WHY THE SCOTS INVENTED THE MODERN WORLD by an American, Arthur Herman.

From Wikipedia Critics found the thesis to be over-reaching but descriptive of the Scots' disproportionate impact on modernity. In the American market, the trade paperback peaked at #3 on The Washington Post bestseller list, while in the Canadian market it peaked at #1. Several critics, such as the reviewer for the Library Journal, found the work scholarly but sometimes uncritical or over-exaggerated.

It is an enjoyable read, IMO.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

one should read
You don't sound very Scottish with lingo like that? pip pip
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,
we are a family of 4 living in Lochwinnoch Renfrewshire and are looking to move to Nova Scotia July 2011.We have been over to Colchester and love the place and have met many new friends.
Arty Alison & the kids
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Calgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really niceCalgary Colemans is just really nice

Welcome!

I am from Perthshire, and OH is from Glasgow....we've been in Calgary going on three years now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.