Wikiposts

Any Regrets?

Old Mar 15th 2008, 4:34 am
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any Regrets?

Originally Posted by athena88
I know how you feel in relation to other people thinking your on another planet for wanting to experience another countries way of life. we havent told anyone that were planning to emmigrate originally we were going to nz my hubby is a kiwi and we have been saving for almost a year now and doing secret research but after alot of research etc nova scotia is now our destination as long as they will let us in! Its upsetting knowing that family and friends wont be happy for us they will just think were weird, crazy etc etc so were staying in our happy bubble for as long as we can. life is for living in my opinion
I think maybe family react that way because they will miss you loads, that's what I put it down to anyway. It can make you doubtful though. We are also hoping to go to Nova Scotia. We are going to visit over the summer, just researching best places to visit regarding work, schools, communities etc.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 5:34 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geedee
What? Liked Keeping Up Appearances!

My OH calls me Mrs Bucket - his nickname is Victor Meldrew, and these days he seems worse than Victor

We have only been here a short while but we have absolutely no regrets so far. We said we would give ourselves three years and if at that time we had not settled then we would consider going back to the UK, but at the moment I do not think that will happen.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:08 am
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rubie
I think maybe family react that way because they will miss you loads, that's what I put it down to anyway. It can make you doubtful though. We are also hoping to go to Nova Scotia. We are going to visit over the summer, just researching best places to visit regarding work, schools, communities etc.
were going over in sept or oct yeah i agree with you it is because they will miss us ive only got 1 friend who's excited for me and thats because she wants to do the same thing, everybody else thinks its weird i think sometime people feel that your almost saying that their life isnt good enough ie being in the uk. although we havent told people this time, we were going to nz and told everybody I put a stop to it too many people putting doubts in my head and my family just went on about how terrible it was for our children being taken away from their family I felt so guilty. but i dont want to live my life with loads of what ifs im sure i will freak out at some point but i know its right for my family and when we tell them were heading to nova scotia i really dont know what they will say but we should have got a house by then so they will know its happening this time.
i hope it all goes well dont let people put you off you have to do whats right for you not other people and they should understand that if they want you to be happy. good luck
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:17 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Nope Nope NOPE.

Apart from we should have done it sooner
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:25 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I came over at 16. Yes I was given the choice.

No regrets whatsoever.

I have a fantastic 'better half", two wonderful sons, three super grandchildren. I am happily retired.

Health could be better but sh*t happens and you deal with it.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:37 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
Nope Nope NOPE.

Apart from we should have done it sooner

Yeah, agree with that. Had we done it earlier I might have both my daughters with me