Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for Jasper

Any recommendations for Jasper

Old Oct 5th 2006, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any recommendations for Jasper

We have a visit from the mother in law this weekend and are taking her up to the mountains for a couple of nights. It will be the first time OH and I have been to Jasper, we have only been as far as Lake Louise.

Apart from the Ice fields anyone know of any other cool places to visit up that way?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

third time lucky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any recommendations for Jasper

Originally Posted by smelly
We have a visit from the mother in law this weekend and are taking her up to the mountains for a couple of nights. It will be the first time OH and I have been to Jasper, we have only been as far as Lake Louise.

Apart from the Ice fields anyone know of any other cool places to visit up that way?
If you are heading north on The Icefields Parkway, a few places to stop would be
Waterfowl Lake
Columbia Icefields,
Athabasca Falls
Peyto Lake
The Salt Lick
The Tourist Center in Lake Louise and in Jasper
Malign Canyon
Take the old road to Mt Edith Cavell
Any lookout with a great view!! (lots of them)
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:49 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Are you staying in Jasper too? We found THE BEST place to stay there (courtesy of LINDA P .....Thanks Linda) Park Place Inn. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the Bathrooms are amazingly luxurious. Highly recommend it!!!!!

As for places to see, I would say Peyto for sure. Quite steep walk up to it in places, but do-able.
Athabasca and Sunwapta Falls on route
A lovely shortish flat stroll around Lake Annette nr Jasper is easy and very pretty.
Definately go up to Pyramid Lake and take the boardwalk across to Pyramid Island.
Take her for morning coffee in Pyramid Lake resorts restaurant, overlooking the lake.
Or go down to Fairmont Jasper Lodge, and stroll the shops or the grounds there, with the lovely blue Lake.
Mt Edith Cavell is worth a climb up if she's nimble.

We just did the Icefields Parkway this last weekend and its very pretty at the moment with all the Autumn colours.
Hope you have a lovely time.

Edited, to add Maligne Canyon is a must too. !!!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I am going to be busy thanks!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like I am going to be busy thanks!
Miette Hot Springs - rising steam from snow falling into the water,which is well warm is superb!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Ahhhh Jasper NP......sorry nothing really constructive to add to the above suggestions, just jealous . What about the Emerald Lake out nr Field way? That's one of my favourite places.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:31 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by h_henry
Ahhhh Jasper NP......sorry nothing really constructive to add to the above suggestions, just jealous . What about the Emerald Lake out nr Field way? That's one of my favourite places.
Agree...............and if you go to Emerald Lake, then Natural Bridge and Takkakaw Falls are all in close proximity.