Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any Kite/Windsurfers in N.S.

Any Kite/Windsurfers in N.S.

Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:03 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Default Any Kite/Windsurfers in N.S.

Its blowing a gale outside at the moment and it has made me think about the coming summer. I have been windsurfing for years and did a kitesuring course last summer. I can't find any shops on the net that deal in kitesurfing gear in Nova Scotia.There's a windsurf shop in Lawrence town and a few surf shops around the coast. anyone had any experience with retailers here. Tony
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:14 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Kite/Windsurfers in N.S.

Kite surfing is still very new to Canada, in fact kite anything is still really only done by the new immigrants that have brought stuff over.

However if its any help, my old paragliding instructor here has really got into kiting and I think sells the stuff and has some contacts, I know its Ontario but she does have a web site and people may know people in your area so it might help.

http://www.airvisionadventures.com/index.php
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really niceMystic Kazza is just really nice

Originally Posted by Happydayz
Its blowing a gale outside at the moment and it has made me think about the coming summer. I have been windsurfing for years and did a kitesuring course last summer. I can't find any shops on the net that deal in kitesurfing gear in Nova Scotia.There's a windsurf shop in Lawrence town and a few surf shops around the coast. anyone had any experience with retailers here. Tony

Hey Happydayz - This looks like it could be a business opportunity opening up for you out there !!

phil
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:32 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mystic Kazza
Hey Happydayz - This looks like it could be a business opportunity opening up for you out there !!

phil
Yeah, I thaught that as well, Kiteboarding on the frozen lake by our house in the winter and windsufing in summer. I just need to get the log cabins built on our land and get marketing.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:42 am
Loving my life..

DanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant futureDanielH has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Any Kite/Windsurfers in N.S.

Originally Posted by Happydayz
Yeah, I thaught that as well, Kiteboarding on the frozen lake by our house in the winter and windsufing in summer. I just need to get the log cabins built on our land and get marketing.

hey then you know Camber sands then.... did you ever meet Will and Kate at the kite shop/school in Rye? or even the Windsurfing lake near Camber run by margret and her son tom?
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:54 am
Jenny & Tony

Originally Posted by DanielH
hey then you know Camber sands then.... did you ever meet Will and Kate at the kite shop/school in Rye? or even the Windsurfing lake near Camber run by margret and her son tom?
Yep, I met will and kate once at a party trown by another guy that still works for bournes and does alot of kitesurfing and I know Margaret although its been about 10 years since I used Camber Lake.I used to live in Camber, Margaret sorted my RYA Ticket out for me many years ago.