Reload this Page >

Any hamsters on the Vancouver North Shore

Any hamsters on the Vancouver North Shore

Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

michelle101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any hamsters on the Vancouver North Shore

Hi,

It's my daughters birthday in 4 weeks and we would like to get her a hamster and are having trouble locating one, BCSPCA doesn't have any in this area.

Does anyone know where I could buy one near West Vancouver.

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:16 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any hamsters on the Vancouver North Shore

Pet smart etc have them
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I like the title of this topic, it gave me images of hamsters running around on the beach.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:18 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

The pet shop in park royal in west van (upstairs opposite staples) have loads of hamsters
Old Sep 13th 2010, 3:37 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michelle101
Hi,

It's my daughters birthday in 4 weeks and we would like to get her a hamster and are having trouble locating one, BCSPCA doesn't have any in this area.

Does anyone know where I could buy one near West Vancouver.

Thanks
Blimey! You are a glutton for punishment! Immigration processing is a breeze compared with having a child with a hamster
Make sure they have been handled regularly - some in pet shops haven't and believe me, if they bite it is agony. They are nocturnal, you know, so they make a hell of a row at night and they do sod all in the daytime, plus they are not very affectionate.
Have you considered a couple of guinea pigs instead? They are active in the day, bigger and so a bit easier for small people to handle safely, they love human contact and they are generally much nicer natured.A pair gives them a friend to play with and is kinder.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You could save money on a hamster by simply chucking some sawdust round and then urinating on the carpet once a month.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:30 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Blimey! You are a glutton for punishment! Immigration processing is a breeze compared with having a child with a hamster
Make sure they have been handled regularly - some in pet shops haven't and believe me, if they bite it is agony. They are nocturnal, you know, so they make a hell of a row at night and they do sod all in the daytime, plus they are not very affectionate.
Have you considered a couple of guinea pigs instead? They are active in the day, bigger and so a bit easier for small people to handle safely, they love human contact and they are generally much nicer natured.A pair gives them a friend to play with and is kinder.
Also, guinea pigs aren't small enough to get behind skirting boards and into tiny holes and disappear for weeks, then die in some hidden corner and smell the house out!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
They are nocturnal, you know, so they make a hell of a row at night and they do sod all in the daytime, plus they are not very affectionate.
We let ours run in the back yard in the summer, though these days he's getting lazy and goes back to his cage after a few minutes on the grass. I do agree that a young child may be better off with a guinea pig though.

Both our hamsters came from kijiji, but I had a quick look for Vancouver and didn't really see any advertised there.