Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any expates in/going to, Québec?

Any expates in/going to, Québec?

Old May 9th 2005, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Quinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant futureQuinn of Québec has a brilliant future
Default Any expates in/going to, Québec?

Just out of curiosity are there any other expats who are now living in Québec or indeed people like myself planning to immigrate to 'La Belle Province'?

If there are it'd be great to hear from you as it would seem that this board tends to be dominated by expats in/going to Ontario or BC.

So where are all you Quebecoise wannabes?

Q of Q

PS by the way, if you haven't done so already you might want to consider Québec it is an amazing place . . I'm smitten with it!
Old May 9th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any expates in/going to, Québec?

Yes,me! We have been here 20 months now and like it just fine

Originally Posted by Quinn of Québec
Just out of curiosity are there any other expats who are now living in Québec or indeed people like myself planning to immigrate to 'La Belle Province'?

If there are it'd be great to hear from you as it would seem that this board tends to be dominated by expats in/going to Ontario or BC.

Q of Q

PS by the way, if you haven't done so already you might want to consider Québec it is an amazing place . . I'm smitten with it!
Old May 9th 2005, 9:00 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tallperson
I'm here too. A relative newcomer, having moved here from Ontario last summer.

I'm liking it, especially the last few days. We BBQ'd all weekend and I have started my annual tan. It's forecast at 27 tomorrow with, amazingly, the first humidex of the year (29).!

BTW, wannabe is not a French word and should be masculine (Quebecois).

BBTW, are you seriously trying to find a job in Canada from the UK?
Old May 9th 2005, 9:40 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

living in Montreal since October of last year... survived the winter so happy for now
Old May 9th 2005, 9:51 pm

I replied to the wrong post earlier. Sorry.
Old May 10th 2005, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Ruslan124 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Quinn of Québec

Q of Q

Lived in Montreal for just over 4 years and getting ready to leave. The city is fantastic in the summer but Montreal winters are a real drag.

Part of the reason I am leaving is that even after all this time I still do not feel welcome. The roads and drivers are a nightmare and the English / French politics even worse.

I did really enjoy myself for the first 2 or 3 years and I thank teh people of Montreal for teh opportunity to live and work here, but its just become too tiring.
Old May 10th 2005, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ruslan124
Lived in Montreal for just over 4 years and getting ready to leave. The city is fantastic in the summer but Montreal winters are a real drag.

Part of the reason I am leaving is that even after all this time I still do not feel welcome. The roads and drivers are a nightmare and the English / French politics even worse.

I did really enjoy myself for the first 2 or 3 years and I thank teh people of Montreal for teh opportunity to live and work here, but its just become too tiring.
Leaving Montreal or leaving the country?
Old May 10th 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Leaving Montreal or leaving the country?
Leaving the country.
Old May 10th 2005, 12:31 pm

Leaving the country.
Oh. So you're seriously fed up then? That's a pity.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Oh. So you're seriously fed up then? That's a pity.
I do not see it as a pity; living in Montreal was very enjoyable and I would not change it. Everyone has their own tolerance level and my desire to move on should not dissuade people from coming here.

The great thing about forums such as this is that people can now research in great detail before making a decision. Moving countries is no longer such a gamble or leap into the unknown.

It may seem strange or contradictory but I would still recommend Montreal as a place to live (just not permanently) but do the research, seek the advice of forum members, wiegh up the pros and cons and come with an open mind.

I have travelled to many countries (close to 100 at last count) I have lived in a few and although Quebec is in North America it is still unique.

Finally, the women in Montreal are on the whole, stunning.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:38 pm

I'm with you on that one! With the exception of my mother in law's sister.
Old May 10th 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Funny you should say that. In UK my favourite season was summer but here I find the summer too humid and hot (and they said last summer was a rubbish one) and now I love the winter with learning to ski, walking on the lake etc. Beautiful!

Old May 10th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

I do not see it as a pity; living in Montreal was very enjoyable and I would not change it. Everyone has their own tolerance level and my desire to move on should not dissuade people from coming here.

The great thing about forums such as this is that people can now research in great detail before making a decision. Moving countries is no longer such a gamble or leap into the unknown.

It may seem strange or contradictory but I would still recommend Montreal as a place to live (just not permanently) but do the research, seek the advice of forum members, wiegh up the pros and cons and come with an open mind.

I have travelled to many countries (close to 100 at last count) I have lived in a few and although Quebec is in North America it is still unique.

Did we meet??
Old May 10th 2005, 6:20 pm
Remya

I'm here, too! (Montreal, that is). Gorgeous day, it almost makes up for the winter days. After 5 months it's nice to see green grass again.

Quinn, have you got a job already? How're you finding the province? I can see where Ruslan is coming from. I don't feel totally comfortable here even after 15 months, but Quebec is not a bad place to be while I'm figuring out my next step. Good luck!

Old May 10th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Funny you should say that. In UK my favourite season was summer but here I find the summer too humid and hot (and they said last summer was a rubbish one) and now I love the winter with learning to ski, walking on the lake etc. Beautiful!

I also like to ski from time to time but preferably in a place without a minus 60 celcius wind chill. I live only five minutes walk from downtown Montreal but for most of the winter, I cannot walk to the pub as it is just too painful. To make it worse, I feel embarrassed about getting a taxi as it is too short a ride.

Summer can be very hot and humid. I remember three of summers ago it was really hot and to make it worse the heating in my apartment was stuck on full blast. It took me 2 months to notice, what an idiot. It was a great way to lose weight though.

The best time to be in Montreal is for Grand Prix weekend, it just does not get much better than that. Teh atmosphere in town is fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.