Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any airlines that will fly my cat out in January?

Any airlines that will fly my cat out in January?

Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:00 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any airlines that will fly my cat out in January?

Hi everyone,

Can anyone let me know any airline that will fly my cat out now to Canada? Air Canada won't fly him till April because of the embargo. Obviously I want what is safest for my cat (not wanting him to freeze!) but I am hoping there may be another airliner out there that can fly him now.

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to allNibbles2005 is a name known to all
Default Re: Any airlines that will fly my cat out in January?

Our two dogs and cat are flying British Airways from Heathrow to Toronto Pearson on the 15th of January through Airpets no problem. BA have a heated hold I believe.

Hope that helps x
Old Jan 4th 2010, 3:23 pm
wassup clique

greentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of lightgreentea3 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Nibbles - thats great to know!
Old Jan 4th 2010, 4:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nibbles2005
Our two dogs and cat are flying British Airways from Heathrow to Toronto Pearson on the 15th of January through Airpets no problem. BA have a heated hold I believe.

Hope that helps x

All aircraft holds are heated, at 36,000' the temp is somewhere around -6
0, everything would come out frozen. The holds have mixed cargo and are held around 10-12c, although each hold temp can be varied by the guys up front .
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

veeandsimon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by greentea3
Hi everyone,

Can anyone let me know any airline that will fly my cat out now to Canada? Air Canada won't fly him till April because of the embargo. Obviously I want what is safest for my cat (not wanting him to freeze!) but I am hoping there may be another airliner out there that can fly him now.

Thanks
I am also in the process of trying to fly out my cats before April. I am considering using BA, but they encourage you to use a pet agency and I am not sure I can afford to pay one. If you could let me know how it works out for you, it would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of this thread...specifically the 1st post

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523242

I rang the chap in the Manchester depot not long ago about transporting my cats and it would have been approx £300 for the pair of them and even less if they shared the crate. I also asked them about flying pets in the winter months as I was originally going to fly over to Calgary this month and I was told that it is the hot weather that is more concerning than flying in the winter months....I quote..'they have fur'

HTH
Old Jan 6th 2010, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of

Hi greentea3, where are you flying from and to. We flew out of Heathrow November 19th to Calgary no probs with Air Canada. £109. to pay before flight, oh and don't forget the funnel they are required and we were required to pay £5. for the privilege. I think they don't let them fly if they are really tiny less than 4.5kgs I think, when its cold. Then we paid immigration $30. to check him in and welcome him to Canada.

HTH