Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any advice on moving to Kamloops??

Any advice on moving to Kamloops??

Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:25 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice on moving to Kamloops??

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Gas? It's a long way to Merrit.
If I'm in the car alone, I'll let one rip in the lower mainland. It's full of smog anyway.

I fill up in Chilliwack, it's cheapest there. Also saves the need to get diverted by the bright lights of Hope.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:49 pm
Banned

McLovin is an unknown quantity at this point

Kamloops = horrible place that'll eat your soul. Don't live there... ever. I did and a part of me died.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:53 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by McLovin
Kamloops = horrible place that'll eat your soul. Don't live there... ever. I did and a part of me died.
Registration and one post to get that off your chest......bitter ?

At least make an effort to provide some justification for your resentment.

R.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Registration and one post to get that off your chest......bitter ?

At least make an effort to provide some justification for your resentment.

R.
Not bitter just a grim place. A bit like moving to Hull. Have you ever lived there?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:56 pm
Banned

...Kamloops, not Hull.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:08 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

A bit like moving to Hull. Have you ever lived there?
I've been there a few times (Hull) - that was bad enough. They have a big fish in a tank now, apparently. It must keep the locals amused for hours on end. They still point at planes oop theer. Now then, etc.

But why so bitter - c'mon, you can't trash a place without some justification.

R.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 12:18 am
Banned

I've been there a few times (Hull) - that was bad enough. They have a big fish in a tank now, apparently. It must keep the locals amused for hours on end. They still point at planes oop theer. Now then, etc.

But why so bitter - c'mon, you can't trash a place without some justification.

R.

Lived there for 4 years from 02 (Kamloops), loved the mountain biking and Sun Peaks is ok, apart from that the place offers nothing except for dust, stinking pulp, trucks, nice people with 4 teeth and moon pie. I really cannot see the attraction and fail to understand the bigging up of the place on here... except for the moon pie.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:27 am
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
If I'm in the car alone, I'll let one rip in the lower mainland. It's full of smog anyway.

I fill up in Chilliwack, it's cheapest there. Also saves the need to get diverted by the bright lights of Hope.
Usually the cheapest is in Abbotsford, at the McCallum exit.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 5:08 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

nice people with 4 teeth
<waves>
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by Danny B
<waves>
But.....you have five.

R.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:00 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Surrey Expat
Usually the cheapest is in Abbotsford, at the McCallum exit.
Ah yes, that's the one.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by R I C H
Ah yes, that's the one.
Whats with everyone ganging up on Kamloops
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:30 pm
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
Ignorance?

One town's never going to suit everyone, so occasional criticism's not surprising.

I'm perfectly happy here, and could name many places that don't offer anywhere near the lifestyle that this area does. I'm sure you'll like it too
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:32 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by AndyBCbound
Their lives are empty and meaningless.

I can understand their fear of the wood pulp stinky business, but their fear and loathing of the arid dramatic desertscapes is somewhat strange. There's beauty in most things. Unfortunately, not in the mindlessness of British expatriates or wannabees. "No milky tea", "no Tesco", "no M&S", "no green leafy suburbia" they cry, like stuck wild pigs.

R.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:48 pm
Banned

Their lives are empty and meaningless.

I can understand their fear of the wood pulp stinky business, but their fear and loathing of the arid dramatic desertscapes is somewhat strange. There's beauty in most things. Unfortunately, not in the mindlessness of British expatriates or wannabees. "No milky tea", "no Tesco", "no M&S", "no green leafy suburbia" they cry, like stuck wild pigs.

R.
What's Tesco? I'm Canadian.

Last edited by McLovin; Aug 22nd 2008 at 3:51 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.