Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any advice for immigrating to canada???

Any advice for immigrating to canada???

Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Andy Atkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice for immigrating to canada???

Hello,
I have read lots on this page and find all who use it very helpful.
My wee story is this.....

A long long time ago .... only kidding! Back in 2001 i got a seasonal job as a kayak instructor and whitewater raft guide in Ottawa. I have been every year ever since and i love the place!! All my dear freinds are there, i have a car, lisence, bank account.. even invested in a plot of land. Now i would love to live there... period!
I have 2 diplomas one in coaching kayaking & canoeing (2 year) the other is as a Master Plasterer( 3 year). In both fields of work i have years of experience.
If any one knows of a reputable imm' lawyer in the ottawa area id be grateful of the heads up. I see Mr A Miller is very well regarded but he is situated in BC.
I have danced the merry dance with immigration for work and visitor visas so i know it can be testing. Now the residency issue is here as i will make Canada my home as it has been since 2001.... just a matter of how and who could help!
Any help, advice, jokes, names, fantastic job offers with exceedingly long long teabreaks would be so helpful to me right now. Bless you for reading this and taking the time
I am flying to Cda next week for a few months to see if i can secure a job offer, just not sure what the employers requirements are. Can any company employ a foreign?????
Thanks again for you time
Andy Atkins
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:04 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice for immigrating to canada???

Hello, Andy, and welcome to the BE forum.

I suggest you read the Wiki section of this website, especially the first four links on the main Canada page of the Wiki.

That should answer most of your questions.
x
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any advice for immigrating to canada???

Hi Andy,

For a company in Alberta to be able to employ a foreign worker they must have LMO (Labour Market opinion).

An employer must apply to Service Canada to be able to employ a specific applicant or future applicants. Service Canada’s role is to assess and provide their opinion on how the hiring of temporary foreign worker will impact the Canadian labour market. Everthing is explained on http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/working/jobs/

I am sorry that I cannot give any advice on other provinces, and are unsure of how similar they would be the Alberta's scheme.

We made the move to Calgary, Alberta in 2006 and absolutely love it here.

Good luck,

Eddie & Julie