Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

another x ray needed...

another x ray needed...

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

jiggajulz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another x ray needed...

i did my medicals in apirl 4th and sent results to france , last week i went to the CHC accra to find out about my medicals and i was given a lettter that they need me to take another x ray on the 4th july and they need sputum and now they want old x ray s. they want to make sure i dont have tuberclosis. this is strange because i dont have it. and why do they want me to do the x ray in july whereas i can do it now. my wife is dying to see me and they just want to delay my family class apllication.mr miller. humphries, and cohne, and any one that has any info, enlighten me.
Old Jun 2nd 2002, 6:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: another x ray needed...

Nobody want to delay your application, but it has to be determined if you are
medically admissible to Canada. You may not even know that you have TB - but first
x-ray showed something what needs to be investigate further and you must simply
comply with request and wait for results. You've been asked to do another x-rays 3
months after first one and it is quite normal under such circumstances. Sputum test
should also give pretty good indication if you have TB or not.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"jiggajulz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > i did my medicals in apirl 4th and sent results to france , last week i went to the
    > CHC accra to find out about my medicals and i was given a lettter that they need me
    > to take another x ray on the 4th july and they need sputum and now they want old x
    > ray s. they want to make sure i dont have tuberclosis. this is strange because i
    > dont have it. and why do they want me to do the x ray in july whereas i can do it
    > now. my wife is dying to see me and they just want to delay my family class
    > apllication.mr miller. humphries, and cohne, and any one that has any info,
    > enlighten me.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > jig'julz
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 3rd 2002, 2:20 pm
pkjmet

Default Re: another x ray needed...

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]> ...
    > Nobody want to delay your application, but it has to be determined if you are
    > medically admissible to Canada. You may not even know that you have TB - but first
    > x-ray showed something what needs to be investigate further and you must simply
    > comply with request and wait for results. You've been asked to do another x-rays 3
    > months after first one and it is quite normal under such circumstances. Sputum test
    > should also give pretty good indication if you have TB or not.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "jiggajulz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > i did my medicals in apirl 4th and sent results to france , last week i went to
    > > the CHC accra to find out about my medicals and i was given a lettter that they
    > > need me to take another x ray on the 4th july and they need sputum and now they
    > > want old x ray s. they want to make sure i dont have tuberclosis. this is strange
    > > because i dont have it. and why do they want me to do the x ray in july whereas i
    > > can do it now. my wife is dying to see me and they just want to delay my family
    > > class apllication.mr miller. humphries, and cohne, and any one that has any info,
    > > enlighten me.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > jig'julz
    > >
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

The second x ray , 3 months after the first is being asked for for comparative
puposes. Perhaps a scar or lesion has shown up on first x ray and the second will
show whether it has grown or not. If there is no change and your spuum cultures are
negative you should be cleared medically.

Jim Metcalfe