Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Another newbie...

Another newbie...

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

doctormig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another newbie...

Well, first off I should have read the guidelines and started a new thread - you can tell I'm new!

Here is the original message...

Hi everyone,
I am also a newbie hoping to relocate to Vancouver. Already have 2 friends out there, visit fairly regularly and lived near Kelowna for 6months. Still scared stiff though!
Have just been looking at the new simplified skilled worker application (I realise now that it is important to keep checking the website as things do change and you may find that you are prematurely looking for personal history details which may be hindering your application!).
Well, I stumbled on this site whilst trying to determine whether my ISA's are 'unencumbered and readily available' (still not sure!) and am really glad I have.
My stomach is doing flips at the moment as there is nothing on the new form to enable much procrastination - so it is now or never.
Of course, my brain is now worrying about sensible things like state pensions (thanks for the link to your website Frank'n Sense - some reassurance already gained) and NI contributions...
I really must just get on with it, eh, as it could take years.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another newbie...

Originally Posted by doctormig
Well, first off I should have read the guidelines and started a new thread - you can tell I'm new!

Here is the original message...

Hi everyone,
I am also a newbie hoping to relocate to Vancouver. Already have 2 friends out there, visit fairly regularly and lived near Kelowna for 6months. Still scared stiff though!
Have just been looking at the new simplified skilled worker application (I realise now that it is important to keep checking the website as things do change and you may find that you are prematurely looking for personal history details which may be hindering your application!).
Well, I stumbled on this site whilst trying to determine whether my ISA's are 'unencumbered and readily available' (still not sure!) and am really glad I have.
My stomach is doing flips at the moment as there is nothing on the new form to enable much procrastination - so it is now or never.
Of course, my brain is now worrying about sensible things like state pensions (thanks for the link to your website Frank'n Sense - some reassurance already gained) and NI contributions...
I really must just get on with it, eh, as it could take years.
Welcome to the forum. Hope the worrying doesn't keep you awake at night ...
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

doctormig is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsDV
Welcome to the forum. Hope the worrying doesn't keep you awake at night ...
Thanks, and thankfully, I sleep like a log. One less thing to worry about at least!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi doctormig and welcome,

Dont worry too much. You can always have a vent on this site. You will find loads of people that have been through the same process.

The best of luck to you.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:15 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

A big welcome have fun, we try not to scare people off too easy.