Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

........another new member.......on the last lap.....

........another new member.......on the last lap.....

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ........another new member.......on the last lap.....

Hello to everyone on here, having found this site just a brief introduction and our story so far...............

hopefully my signature will reveal the dates of where we are at with our application. My family is Wife and 2 boys 14 & 11.........abd are looking foward hopefully to some new adventures in Canada.

I am applying through the "skilled workers" catergory and its been quite a long haul as you will all now. We have used a company called 4 Corners and they've been really helpful and done so far a good job, unless others know different.

My occupation is a in the Electrical field (26years experience), a qualified electrician but have an Managerial role at the company i'm currently working for, although i do realise I will be starting at the bottom of the ladder. So if any of you folks have a similar occupation and can offer assistant,i would appreciate this......wish i'd have found about this site years ago.

My wife is a qualified Nursery teacher and also runs before / after school club at our local school.So again if anyone can help, i have read quite alot on here and i know people are really helpful.

We are now getting quite close, with the CHC just receiving our second police check and medical results at the start of this week.

We have had two holidays in Canada the first one 2003 was in Toronto Centre for 7 nights , and last year spent 17 days in a rented house in Burlington, and had visits to local schools and met contacts regarding employment and also met a realtor whos been really helpful so if anyone wants details just ask me.

Well thats about it for now, i'll just go with the flow and keeping reading the "threads"....................
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ........another new member.......on the last lap.....

Hi,

Our timeline is pretty much idnetical to yours, just waiting now for the last long lap. Getting quite exciting, isn't it.

Rich | Nicky
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:17 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi David,

Your sig states you applied April 2004, ..a mistake? May I ask when you did send in your application? Was it Nov 2003 ish??
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Hi David,

Your sig states you applied April 2004, ..a mistake? May I ask when you did send in your application? Was it Nov 2003 ish??

Oops............we first applied in November 2003, (can't believe i got that date wrong..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

thanks for pointing it out ...........
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:07 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there David,

Seems there are now a number of us all at the same stage........waiting patiently for Passport Request. I was wondering if (because we took our medicals in Canada) doing it our way has delayed the process somewhat? Anyone know? I'm not too bothered, however I would really like to have PR before September so that we don't have to pay another semester for my daughter's schooling.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Your wife may want to consider doing Day care at first until your family is adjusted to the new life here. I am a nanny and i know many Day care workers in my area and it pays well. This can be a benifit in two ways.. 1: finacial support whilst settling in. 2:This could give her a chance to research various employment options.

I came here as a nanny and i am now applying to various schools in the local area to work with special needs.
If your wife is in anyway interested i will find some more information for her.I started at the bottom in order to feel my way and i don't feel pressured.

Good luck for the future