Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

another citizenship question!

another citizenship question!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of
Default another citizenship question!

Hi all,

Ok...question:

When you fill in your forms, you obviously include time out of the country.I spend many days in the US, either day trips or overnighters..............please tell me you dont declare them...I would never remember them all!

.thanks in advance!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another citizenship question!

Hi

Originally Posted by London7
Hi all,

Ok...question:

When you fill in your forms, you obviously include time out of the country.I spend many days in the US, either day trips or overnighters..............please tell me you dont declare them...I would never remember them all!

.thanks in advance!
You have to declare the overnighters.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You have to declare the overnighters.

So what does he do if he really can't remember?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

go through your passport and match the dates in there. They will check this when you take your test.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:55 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit_in_fizroy
go through your passport and match the dates in there. They will check this when you take your test.
Its very unlikely there will be stamps for day trips to the US.

What I did was just estimate and say ~10 day trips (or whatever the number is), and made sure I was well over the required number of days in canada to qualify, and there was no problem.

You might be able to figure out dates from say credit card billing dates. If you can, put them down, but if not just take a guess. Just be sure you have days in hand before applying. Worked for me anyway.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
Its very unlikely there will be stamps for day trips to the US.

What I did was just estimate and say ~10 day trips (or whatever the number is), and made sure I was well over the required number of days in canada to qualify, and there was no problem.

You might be able to figure out dates from say credit card billing dates. If you can, put them down, but if not just take a guess. Just be sure you have days in hand before applying. Worked for me anyway.
............excatly right, once your I-94 is put in, and you have the 90 day period to come and go, you receive no stamps, plus the Canadians never check the passport coming back, they just look at the PR card and ask how long you have been gone........so i guess as far as they are concerned its a day trip!
No way can I recall every date, I am there most weekends!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London7;
............excatly right, once your I-94 is put in, and you have the 90 day period to come and go, you receive no stamps, plus the Canadians never check the passport coming back, they just look at the PR card and ask how long you have been gone........so i guess as far as they are concerned its a day trip!
No way can I recall every date, I am there most weekends!!!!
Well as iaink said: assume you were in fact there every weekend then make sure you have enough days in Canada anyway.